PDA

View Full Version : Time alignment

dumple
10-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Ok I understand what it is and how to calculate and set it but what I'm wondering about it is, Is there a way to tweak the TA to the point where the sound stage is almost centered in the middle of the vehicle ? Ok I found this now i under stand that u measure from from the listening position to the speakers, but for the sound I want would I measure from a center position?

Refer to the following for the method of calculating the delay time.
A = (B-C) / 34
A: Delay time (ms)
B: Distance from the listening position to the furthest speaker (cm)
C: Distance from the listening position to the speaker to be adjusted (cm)

(Example) Listening position:
Driver's seat (left)
B: 200 (cm)
C: 50 (cm)
Delay time = 200 (cm) - 50 (cm) / 34
= Approx. 4.4 (ms)

dumple
10-28-2010, 11:49 PM
No help Im trying to get this done tonight

whitedragon551
10-28-2010, 11:57 PM
The furthest speaker/sub from you is what you base TA on for the rest of the speakers. You have to delay them for the furthest speaker.

Measure from the center of the speaker to the headrest right between your ears. After you do the T/A you will want to run the PEQ auto tuning. Place the mic in the same spot you measured to. From there you can play with crossover frequencies and the Q to raise the stage.

dumple
10-29-2010, 12:11 AM
So it is not possible to use the TA to make it seem like the sound originates from the middle of the car

whitedragon551
10-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Are you talking like move your stage to the center of the dashboard up high near the windshield or are you talking about just having equal sound on both sides? For example you turn your head and instead of one speaker being louder than the other they both sound the same. If the latter is what your looking for T/A will take care of it. If you want to raise your stage then you will also have to mess with the EQ and Q.

dumple
11-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Yes the first one u said I've got it pretty much dialed on now tho and witht the tuning I've done over the weekend I've got my mpyres sounding great

Sarthos
11-03-2010, 04:00 AM
Wouldn't that be more of a balance/fade issue than a TA issue?

whitedragon551
11-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Nope. You have to delay the speakers. If you just balance/fade them they are still out of sync. By using T/A they will be in sync.

James Bang
11-03-2010, 03:12 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/371238-time-alignment-t-delay-etc.html

jdmferio13
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
just take center of speaker to middle of car and take measurments on all 4 speakers and sub if you have one easy

James Bang
11-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Need relative phase to be correct first.

left and right sides need to be balanced.

^if you got those down and then proceed to do the measurement method, then you will most likely end up with a stage centered in front of you, which is not center of the vehicle unless you are sitting in the middle of the car.

Adding a little more delay to the left side should help move the center focus to the right (center of vehicle).

keep in mind that 2khz+ will not be affected by T/A as much as <2khz frequencies are. Amplitude