PDA

View Full Version : Need Alarm

whitechevy
10-27-2010, 05:52 PM
I do not want to install any of my audio equipment until I have an alarm system in place. I'm going with the build route of acquiring all the materials and than install rather than trying to piece it all together bit by bit. What are quality alarms with 2 way pager, engine start, and window roll down? Prices? Are alarms something that I can find on here used? HELP! The alarm is the last piece I have to buy before my install so once I get that the system will be bumping and I will be :yumyum:

Deeper_shades
10-27-2010, 05:55 PM
used alarms?? :eyebrow:

save your shillings and get a compustar or compustar pro...

dont cheap out on an alarm....

Bad4health
10-27-2010, 05:57 PM
if they cut your hood wires your still sh it outta luck change where the power wire for the alarm is

whitechevy
10-27-2010, 06:19 PM
@deep I figured as much lol

@Bad And I do that how?

DMP
10-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Anything DEI makes its top notch. Directed Electronics - Security & Remote Start | Home Theater | Satellite Radio | Car Audio & Video (http://www.directed.com) Just dont waste money on a Viper system. Python is the same exact thing, but a different name. If you can afford it, go with a 2-way pager system w/ 1 mile range. Audiovox Prestige, Code Alarm, and Autopage are "decent" brands too. You can buy alarms from Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers (http://www.sonicelectronix.com). New alarms are pretty reasonable. They have refurbished alarms for cheap too, but you would really be taking a chance on them.

If you get an alarm with a remote starter, you might need to buy a bypass module too. Depends on your vehicle. I dont know any alarms that come with window roll up modules....thats usually seperate. Just like any other add ons like tilt switches, motion sensors...etc.

whitechevy
10-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Honestly....I'm looking to spend whatever pretty penny I need to protect my stuff. I will not likely be able to replace like with like when it comes to my old school amp. The mile+ range is exactly the protection for what I want and the added bonus of remote start is just plain sweet. You think that the Python system with color oled will be sufficient enough...just buy it online take it to a shop for install?

RFCV
10-27-2010, 11:07 PM
I do not want to install any of my audio equipment until I have an alarm system in place.

Smart.. :iagree:

If they cut your hood wires, your still out of luck. Change where the power wire for the alarm is.

And I do that how?

A few different options.. hood lock or change where the release cable is.. back up battery for the alarm (DEI 520T). Also, back up siren with it's own internal battery (DEI 515R). Make sure you install a hood pin to active alarm should the hood be opened.. *Very Important!
*Be creative & conceal all wires to look like factory.

DMP
10-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Honestly....I'm looking to spend whatever pretty penny I need to protect my stuff. I will not likely be able to replace like with like when it comes to my old school amp. The mile+ range is exactly the protection for what I want and the added bonus of remote start is just plain sweet. You think that the Python system with color oled will be sufficient enough...just buy it online take it to a shop for install?

Yeah the Python system is nice. Just talk to a few different shops/local installers. Some shops will not install the system unless you buy it from them, so just ask around. Im sure you will find someone that will do it and tell them exactly what you want hooked up, or they might not do it.

Bad4health
10-28-2010, 01:17 AM
yup i was thinking second alarm battery. and if they go under the car an cut wires without opening the hood then what??

whitechevy
10-28-2010, 06:26 AM
If someone could make me a list of all the parts required to meet the standards and provide the mentioned security it would be greatly appreciated. A price estimate before install would help as well. Thanks again to all who have commented so far!

Bad4health
10-28-2010, 11:03 AM
i payed 30 bucks for my remote start autopage, install was 0$ cuz i did it my self. an when i get my batts in the trunk thats my battery back up. but i hear alarm installs start at like 200 an an alarm is about 130 for a good one

RFCV
10-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Yup.. I was thinking second alarm battery. If they go under the car and cut wires without opening the hood.. then what??

Refer back to your first statement. Keep the 2nd back up battery inside
It also helps if your ride is lowered :thumbupw:

whitechevy
10-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know if the python system can run door poppers?

x1le
10-28-2010, 10:26 PM
any system with programmable outputs can run door poppers.

whitechevy
10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
I can't decide what I want....

Deeper_shades
11-01-2010, 12:06 AM
compustar pro is very reliable, and drone upgrade is super rad

CL1CKCLACK
11-01-2010, 12:08 AM
DEI fosho