PDA

View Full Version : alarm help

Dblboinger
10-26-2010, 01:52 PM
I have a 1993 RX7. I'm installing a CrimeStopper SP-500. I have questions about the OEM Disarm and OEM rearm leads on the SP-500. I can't find where to connect them. Every source of info I have found says to connect the dsiarm to a dark green/black wire on CPU#2. The factory electrial manual for this car does not show a dark green/black wire on CPU#2 and there is not one on the car either. Anybody got the RIGHT information on this?

DMP
10-26-2010, 05:47 PM
If the car doesnt have a factory alarm, dont worry about disarm and rearm wires.

mendon99
10-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Disarm: lt green/black
Arm: Drk green/black

both are in the kick panel, provided it has an alarm.

Roll your drivers window down, shut the doors and lock it. wait 1 minute, reach in and unlock the car from the door switch, open the door. If it has an alarm, it will go off. If nothing happens, you have no stock alarm to disarm

Dblboinger
10-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Well, I found the problem. There are 2 CPU's at the drivers kick panel. CPU#1 controls the rear window defrost, rear wiper, etc. CPU#2 is behind CPU#1 and controls the signal lamps, warning lamps and...the theft deterrent system. When I found the connector on CPU#1 and the pin count corresponded with the diagram I thought I had the right connector, but none of the wire colors matched the FSM. Turns out the connectors on both CPU's have the same number of pins, but a slightly different layout and I was looking at the wrong connector. Once I found the right connector I found the wires I was searching for right away.

Bravo mendon99 the info you gave is right on. Disarm goes into CPU#2 pin 1N (lt green/black) and Rearm on pin 1I (dark green/black). Thanks very much.

Dblboinger
10-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Disarm: lt green/black
Arm: Drk green/black

Are you sure this is correct? I received documentation from 3 other sources now that says the DISARM is Dark Green/Black. The electrical diagram shows the LG/Black goes to the Door Key Cylinder Switch on both doors. The DG/black goes to the passenger Door Lock Switch.

mendon99
10-30-2010, 09:13 PM
how are you testing?

I pulled my info directly from Directechs.com, Directed's shem resource (the biggest benchmark car alarm company in the US)

Dblboinger
10-31-2010, 05:36 PM
how are you testing?

I pulled my info directly from Directechs.com, Directed's shem resource (the biggest benchmark car alarm company in the US)

Is this a restricted access site? I tried to register numerous times and it keeps telling me "email address invalid".

BTW, I'm going with the info you provided. Thanks for the help.

mendon99
10-31-2010, 07:06 PM
yes very much so you need to be employed with a Directed dealer.. you basically have to be an installer

if you give my your email I'll send you the schem though if you'd like

Dblboinger
11-01-2010, 02:27 AM
yes very much so you need to be employed with a Directed dealer.. you basically have to be an installer

if you give my your email I'll send you the schem though if you'd like That would be great. I'm putting together an "as built" drawing for all of my added electronics. My email is [email protected]

mendon99
11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
sent

Dblboinger
11-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Okay, so I'm rolling on the alarm installation (thanks Mendon99) but now I've got some other questions.

For some reason Mazda only put electric lock on the passenger door triggered by a microswitch in the drivers side lock. If you lock/unlock the driver door, either with the key or the inside lock, it supplies a ground to trigger the "door lock timer" which is actually just a dual-relay to lock/unlock the passenger door. I figure I can tie the lock/unlock pulse from the alarm to the input side of this "timer", but can I parallel the driver side actuator with the factory installed actuator for the passenger door?

I'm also interested in adding power window control. I found a CrimeStopper CS-5601 Power Window Module that says it will do 2-window bi-direction, but I can't find any info on connecting it to the SP-500, only to rocker switches. How would I do this? Would it require relays? If so I might as well just set the Aux3 & Aux4 outputs for Timed output and use that to drive the relays direct and save some $$$. Is there a reason I couldn't do that?

mendon99
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
if you can find the activation for each relay for each lock, and if when you send a neg (or even a pos if your unit provides and thats whats required) it unlocks both, it should work fine.. Directechs is saying you need to add an actuator in each door. Is there a power switch that operates either or both?

I'm sure that window modual will work fine, just pay close attention to the instructions.. Depends on whether the 5601 comes with relays built in or not (I would think it would). You should be able to cut the connectors off and wire them to the aux outputs from the alarm.