PDA

View Full Version : truck getting broken into, need help

matt3D
10-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone, my dad's truck got broken into again and they stole his headunit. I am tired of these people and I want them to get what they deserve. His truck was broken into a little while ago and was recently broken into again. I assume they wanted to see if we replaced the headunit, which we have not. So my question is, should we install an alarm? Or maybe even a security camera that points to the truck? This all went down in front of our house. I know if we put a new head unit in, they will be back within a month or so and take it.
Thanks for your time,
Matthew

Mills561
10-23-2010, 05:59 PM
My dad told me that back in the day one of his brothers put small razor blades around the headunit after his sh it was stolen a few times. One day he went to his car and found blood all over, but the headunit was still there:laugh:

1-12-t1
10-23-2010, 06:02 PM
My dad told me that back in the day one of his brothers put small razor blades around the headunit after his sh it was stolen a few times. One day he went to his car and found blood all over, but the headunit was still there:laugh:

haha oh man that would ****!!! good story bro

Louisiana_CRX
10-23-2010, 06:19 PM

this is how you do it...

hispls
10-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Go catch 2 or 3 rattlesnakes and put them in an expensive looking briefcase and leave it on the passanger seat. No thief coild resist opening it up to see what's in it. If you're really ballsy, open the case and beat them with a coat-hanger every night that way they'll be more prone to attack the first thing in front of them when the case opens.

^^^^

For informational purposes only, don't really try this at home.

Louisiana_CRX
10-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Go catch 2 or 3 rattlesnakes and put them in an expensive looking briefcase and leave it on the passanger seat. No thief coild resist opening it up to see what's in it. If you're really ballsy, open the case and beat them with a coat-hanger every night that way they'll be more prone to attack the first thing in front of them when the case opens.

^^^^

For informational purposes only, don't really try this at home.

All you have to do is shake it up real good every night and leave it on the front seat...make sure to put Do not Open !!!...Private on front of the briefcase....it makes a theif want to open it even more...plus you never have to lock your doors again...

matt3D
10-23-2010, 06:31 PM

Hmm, that sounds interesting.

chillin
10-23-2010, 06:38 PM

haha my dad used to do the same thing. I would be careful with that though as they can sue you.

matt3D
10-23-2010, 06:44 PM
haha my dad used to do the same thing. I would be careful with that though as they can sue you.

hmmm, yea, Idk, maybe I should get an alarm. Do I have a legal right to beat down this mu%^*$# with my bat if I see him breaking into the truck?

Cruzer
10-23-2010, 06:45 PM
judge i was trying to steal a head unit from the guys truck. he put razor blades in there to stop me and they cut me, so im suing for me being an idiot.

Mills561
10-23-2010, 06:48 PM

Great legal system we have here...

If I ever saw someone trying to steal my hard earned stuff, either they're going to the hospital or I am. No way I stand for some sh it like that. Can't wait til I'm 21 so I can get a gun... legally.

chillin
10-23-2010, 06:57 PM
it is a great legal system you have. Remember the guy that slipped and broke something (cant remember right now) at the side of the pool while breaking into a house. Happened a about 10 years ago, but he won.

BlactimusCrime
10-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Great legal system we have here...

If I ever saw someone trying to steal my hard earned stuff, either they're going to the hospital or I am. No way I stand for some sh it like that. Can't wait til I'm 21 so I can get a gun... legally.

shotguns are legal if youre 18, just not pistols :fyi:

Mills561
10-23-2010, 07:05 PM

Yes, I know... but I'm still under my parents roof... don't think they'd go for me getting a shotty lol. Maybe when I move out next year, but I'll prolly just wait til I can get me a nice .38 or somfin :santa:

matt3D
10-23-2010, 07:05 PM

Sweet! I am 21... The irony of this is that when I was younger, some ^$&*@* broke into our house and stole some things and my dads shotgun. He used it for hunting.

chillin
10-23-2010, 07:14 PM
I think you can shoot people that are trespassing in some states (texas), but definitly not all of them.

Louisiana_CRX
10-23-2010, 07:22 PM
it is a great legal system you have. Remember the guy that slipped and broke something (cant remember right now) at the side of the pool while breaking into a house. Happened a about 10 years ago, but he won.

only in America :greedy:

DMP
10-23-2010, 07:26 PM
An alarm would be a good idea. 2-way pager w/ 1 mile range if you can afford it.

chillin
10-23-2010, 07:30 PM
I would get an alarm with a pager. If you catch the guy breaking into your ride, you can beat the **** outa him and walk back into your house like it never happened. Then it will be his word against yours and chances are he has a record and his word aint worth ****.

Immociide
10-23-2010, 07:40 PM

If im remembering right then an 18 year old cannot buy a hand gun from a federally licensed dealer but under many state laws he can buy one from private sales. Federal law says nothing about private sales, it does specifically say federally licensed dealer though. Of course when i learned all of this it was a couple of years ago so it could have changed. I gotta .380 and im only 19, it was a gift.

Immociide
10-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Back on topic. Park the car somewhere else? Or a alarm system you keep asking about would probably work as long as you guys will wake up from it.

chillin
10-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Back on topic. Park the car somewhere else? Or a alarm system you keep asking about would probably work as long as you guys will wake up from it.
lulz at park somewhere else. It is parked at his house.

Immociide
10-23-2010, 07:54 PM
i meant like in the back or somethin if he can. I know nothing of where he lives but around a lot of the older neighbor hoods around here there are alley ways in the back of just about every house. Again on the alarm system i believe some models will allow for additional hook ups for extra sirens.

matt3D
10-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Well, we can't park it anywhere else, my mom's car is parked in the garage and there is another car in there. I think an alarm will be the way to go. Can I get a good 2 way alarm for 150?

Deeper_shades
10-23-2010, 08:08 PM
ya a 2 way would be your best bet, I suggest compustar, its better to spend a bit extra and get a reliable alarm

n2caraudio
10-23-2010, 08:11 PM
An alarm will be fine. It will make a lot of noise when the car gets broken into and scare away the burglar. They dont like attention being brought to them, especially at 2 am. An alarm saved my truck years ago. I had an old school mazda b2000 that looked like it had expensive equipment in it. And it was really easy to break into, all you need was a large flat tip screw driver in place of a key. Alarm woke me up at around two in the morning and I flew out the front door to see three guys running down the street.

cirv908
10-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Sweet! I am 21... The irony of this is that when I was younger, some ^$&*@* broke into our house and stole some things and my dads shotgun. He used it for hunting.

you must live in a bad part of town haha...but back on topic is there a lojack type thing for headunits??? or maybe you could just do the razor blade thing

d-REW
10-24-2010, 02:20 AM

ha i remember seeing someone do this when i was little i was like wtf lol this was in like 93 i was 11

CL1CKCLACK
10-24-2010, 02:37 AM
hmmmm. my car just got broken into and the c0cksucker stole my headunit, please go into details about the razor blades. def something im gonna consider when i get my replacement...

RFCV
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
An alarm will be fine. It will make a lot of noise when the car gets broken into and scare away the burglar. They don't like attention being brought to them, especially at 2 am. An alarm saved my truck years ago. I had an old school Mazda B2000 that looked like it had expensive equipment in it. And it was really easy to break into, all you needed was a large flat tip screw driver in place of a key. Alarm woke me up at around two in the morning and I flew out the front door to see three guys running down the street.

Sounds similiar to my story..

ALARM SUCCESS STORY AND OTHER THEFT PREVENTION TIPS from a alarm installer.MUST READ! (http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/15/611.html)

:escape: