PDA

View Full Version : Question on HU Ground? What do you guys say do?

Ksan
10-23-2010, 02:54 PM
I am installing a Alpine CDA-117 in my sons truck and I do not trust the Wiring Harness's ground so should I run the ground through the firewall and all the way to the frame or will it be fine if I ground it to the floorboard under the carpet, after removing some paint of corse? What do you guys say do? Thank you.

Edit....I ran my Pioneer P800PRS all the way to the frame of my truck so......yea....was just thinking I might save some time need to leave for work in a few hours.

galacticmonkey
10-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Why dont you trust the ground?

Ksan
10-23-2010, 03:03 PM
It's a Dodge.......That is my favorite truck but......I have found the grounds to be weak in them. They use cheap wire and then they pick a really bad spot to make a ground.

galacticmonkey
10-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Then just run a nice big 8ga ground over to the battery terminal then.

Ksan
10-23-2010, 06:43 PM
With as much XP as I have with Stereo install's I should have never posted this, I knew what to do. I was just in a hurry and wanted to do a half-*** job and was looking for someone to say yea, go ahead. Finished now. Got the HU, the 6.5 Comps and the one Rockford T400.2 installed today. Tomorrow will be the finishing touch, the RE *** 12's Rockford 1000.1 and the Big-3. Cya and thanks.