PDA

View Full Version : Calling out RAB

crickerson
10-19-2010, 10:32 PM
I bought a 4k2d from Rab. I ran the amp for 2 days on the 3rd day the amp went up in smoke. RAB assured me the amp had not been repaired prior. I sent the amp to DBR who says otherwisehttp://http://s1128.photobucket.com/home/HCCA12

DBR said and I quote

dB-r Customer Service
10/12 15:39 Looks like we can fix it. Power Supply is blown to hell, someone else had previously worked on this amp and looks like they did not properly secure the power supply mosfets to the heatsink, so they did not transfer heat properly so it blew them up when the mosfets overheated. I am short 1 mosfet of having all of the parts, at least that is how it looks at the moment will check again.

Will be $250 + return shipping, how soon are you going to be ready for it?
and

B-r Customer Service
10/12 15:54 Someone had taken it apart and put it back together, at a minimum, maybe they did not repair it, but they put it back together incorrectly, it does not look like something the factory would have done, it had long screws with nuts on them to hold some of the mosfets down and they were not tight.

I have attached pictures that DBR took while he was doing the repairs.

RAB offered to pay for 50.00 of the 287. I had to spend. when I asked for more he simply did not reply. Its worth more than 50 to make sure he never does this to someone else. :pissed::pissed:2652105826521059

stangman67
10-19-2010, 10:33 PM
That ***** bro. He should really be paying for it all, or taking the amp back.

CL1CKCLACK
10-19-2010, 10:34 PM
****, that ***** buddy. pp claim?

crickerson
10-19-2010, 10:35 PM
what is pp claim?

CL1CKCLACK
10-19-2010, 10:35 PM
how did you pay for the amp? please tell me you didnt let him convince you to send it as a gift...

crickerson
10-19-2010, 10:36 PM
yep.

crickerson
10-19-2010, 10:37 PM
he knew what he was doing...I did not...

CL1CKCLACK
that ***** my man. he probably figured since you were new he could pull something like this. def keep trying to talk to him tho

stangman67
God what a douche.

Burton6431
10-19-2010, 10:38 PM
11 posts and dont know what pp is... idc if u run 50,000w in a van or you run rockwood, you=noob.

but to help it means "paypal", if you paid with paypal you can file a claim to try and get money back...

crickerson
10-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Luckily I did not leave feedback immediately I left it today

crickerson
10-19-2010, 10:39 PM
can the mods help with these issues?

CL1CKCLACK
11 posts and dont know what pp is... idc if u run 50,000w in a van or you run rockwood, you=noob.

but to help it means "paypal", if you paid with paypal you can file a claim to try and get money back...

so you think that no one learns or is interested in car audio until they join CA.com? lol! just because someone is new to the forum and the online scene doesnt mean they dont know what their doing

Burton6431
btw never pay with gift, spend the extra and pay all paypal fees it will save your ***, sorry for the loss though man :(

CL1CKCLACK
10-19-2010, 10:40 PM

unfortunately they probably wont be able to help you with anything. but go to DIYMA.com - Car Audio Forum & 12 volt Community Board (http://www.diymobileaudio.com) and try talking to him. i know he does a lot more business over there. and if you told him you were gonna post threads over there about him being a bad seller most likely hell help you out

Burton6431
10-19-2010, 10:41 PM
so you think that no one learns or is interested in car audio until they join CA.com? lol! just because someone is new to the forum and the online scene doesnt mean they dont know what their doing

you arent an "official" fan of something unless you join a club or a forum.

LazyRider
10-19-2010, 10:41 PM
what is pp claim?

paypal claim

CL1CKCLACK
10-19-2010, 10:42 PM

lol.

miker
10-19-2010, 10:43 PM

You are the noo :/ douche

stangman67
10-19-2010, 10:44 PM

You need to be quiet. You are not helping the problem whatsoever with your babbling.

08mag
10-19-2010, 10:44 PM
FML.....I just paid Louisana_CRX as a "gift" after he begged me to eliminate fee's....man im real worried now

LazyRider
10-19-2010, 10:45 PM

They won't do anything

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read :fyi:

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-19-2010, 10:46 PM
FML.....I just paid Louisana_CRX as a "gift" after he begged me to eliminate fee's....man im real worried now

He's solid, dont worry.

Anyway. Mods cant really help in this situation. You can call your bank and convince them to do a chargeback if the money came from the bank through paypal. Paypal wont like it but you will get every bit of your money back.

CL1CKCLACK
10-19-2010, 10:47 PM

Dont worry about it bro. LA has way to much at stake to scam you. he does a lot of business on here. I wouldnt have worried about RAB either. it surprises me that he did that

Burton6431
10-19-2010, 10:48 PM
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read :fyi:

i believe u got the words dumbest and smartest confused...

whitedragon551
10-19-2010, 10:49 PM

Hes a good guy and so is RAB. I ask for PP as a gift as well. Ive never had a single issue brought up. I always include tracking and insurance for more than the item is worth so that if the item is damaged I can toss more cash back to the buyer for causing an issue and delaying an install. I have never personally dealt with LA or RAB, but it seems like they would go out of their way to do that sort of thing with the amount of transactions they have had.

If RAB told you it wasnt repaired. Im sure he may not have known about it. Maybe the previous owner did it and didnt tell RAB.

08mag
10-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Good LA I'm glad you jumped in on my wtb thread or else i would have been scammed by RAB lol

crickerson
10-19-2010, 10:50 PM
come to find out I sent it as goods

LazyRider
10-19-2010, 10:51 PM
This whole idea that people who have been here for a while or do a lot of business on here can be trusted needs to stop. It's been proven false over and over again.

CL1CKCLACK
10-19-2010, 10:52 PM

i would try to talk to him on that link i sent you. and if things arent worked out as you want then you can file a claim. just include PMs of him telling you it wasnt poorly repaired, and the pics that DB-R sent you

crickerson
10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
here is rabs message to me "the pics didnt work for me.when i got this amp it was brand new supposebly i never sent it to get repaired any where or did i have a problem with the amp.maybe stetsom sold us a refurbed amp which i wasnt aware off because it was new in plastic when i got it.the amp was a beast and voltage never droped under 12v"

crickerson
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM
I have learned a very valuable lesson 4 sure.

CL1CKCLACK
10-19-2010, 10:54 PM
you should be able to get your money back. i wouldnt give up

Burton6431
10-19-2010, 10:54 PM

dang u got lucky man CONGRATS for possible save :)

crickerson
10-19-2010, 10:55 PM
whew!!!

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Not really a complete save but maybe. Paypal usually wont cover items outside of ebay. You might need to do a chargeback like i mentioned to get any of your money back. RAB needs to come comment before i end his selling here.

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Hes a good guy and so is RAB. I ask for PP as a gift as well. Ive never had a single issue brought up. I always include tracking and insurance for more than the item is worth so that if the item is damaged I can toss more cash back to the buyer for causing an issue and delaying an install. I have never personally dealt with LA or RAB, but it seems like they would go out of their way to do that sort of thing with the amount of transactions they have had.

If RAB told you it wasnt repaired. Im sure he may not have known about it. Maybe the previous owner did it and didnt tell RAB.

Just to let you know, i dont think the insurance works that way. I believe you have to prove the value of the item meets the claim. Example. A SA 8 is $125. If i insure it for $400, i believe they will make me prove its worth $400 and if i cant they will give me what i can prove its worth, $125.

Ive just been told that so im not sure but someone with experience there should chime in.

orlando_crx
10-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Not really a complete save but maybe. Paypal usually wont cover items outside of ebay. You might need to do a chargeback like i mentioned to get any of your money back. RAB needs to come comment before i end his selling here.

wrong paypal will cover anything done. they usually side with the buyer unless there is conclusive evidence that the buyer knowingly bought something that they had full knowledge of it being not 100%.

LazyRider
10-19-2010, 10:59 PM
This is in the wrong section btw :fyi:

LazyRider
10-19-2010, 11:00 PM
wrong paypal will cover anything done. they usually side with the buyer unless there is conclusive evidence that the buyer knowingly bought something that they had full knowledge of it being not 100%.

Well this isn't true at all :fyi:

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-19-2010, 11:00 PM

That has not been the experience of most people on here with this issue. If RAB can prove the amp was received by the buyer, paypal will usually drop the claim.

CL1CKCLACK
10-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Just to let you know, i dont think the insurance works that way. I believe you have to prove the value of the item meets the claim. Example. A SA 8 is $125. If i insure it for $400, i believe they will make me prove its worth $400 and if i cant they will give me what i can prove its worth, $125.

Ive just been told that so im not sure but someone with experience there should chime in.

yeah i had to file an insurance claim with UPS. for an old school orion hcca 250. put insurance for i think 400 dollars. I talked to the lady from ups explaining that people cant just go buy this amp new anymore and that it was an antique. then i proceeded to ask her if someone on a forum selling the item would work. she said that that would be fine. so i proceeded to go to this site, make a for sale ad with a price of 400 dollars, sent em a copy of it. and there ya go. i got my money

CL1CKCLACK
10-19-2010, 11:03 PM
That has not been the experience of most people on here with this issue. If RAB can prove the amp was received by the buyer, paypal will usually drop the claim.

id be willing to bet if he shows the PM where RAB said it was new and hadnt been repaired, and also shows the pics he showed up from DB-R saying it was repaired, and poorly at that theyll help him out

orlando_crx
10-19-2010, 11:03 PM

not necessarily true. buyer pays for item friday night shipper sends on monday morning only to find out the money in his paypal isnt there when he returns home because buyer filed claim on sunday afternoon. buyer refuses shipment seller loses the shipping costs because buyer said he didnt receive item when he clearly did.

LazyRider
10-19-2010, 11:04 PM
yeah i had to file an insurance claim with UPS. for an old school orion hcca 250. put insurance for i think 400 dollars. I talked to the lady from ups explaining that people cant just go buy this amp new anymore and that it was an antique. then i proceeded to ask her if someone on a forum selling the item would work. she said that that would be fine. so i proceeded to go to this site, make a for sale ad with a price of 400 dollars, sent em a copy of it. and there ya go. i got my money

Sounds like insurance fraud to me

CL1CKCLACK
10-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Sounds like insurance fraud to me

i could have used the $800 dollar ad on CACO. :fyi:

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-19-2010, 11:09 PM
not necessarily true. buyer pays for item friday night shipper sends on monday morning only to find out the money in his paypal isnt there when he returns home because buyer filed claim on sunday afternoon. buyer refuses shipment seller loses the shipping costs because buyer said he didnt receive item when he clearly did.

That has nothing to do with what we are talking about nor does it make sense.

orlando_crx
10-19-2010, 11:14 PM
you said if seller has proof that buyer received said item that paypal dismisses claim. i have shown you proof that that is not necessarily true. anyways thats off topic

OP make a claim thru paypal and be sure to include all messages between you and RAB and also the findings from chris at db-r. at that point you'll have the money back and RAB can decide to pay for the repair or just have db-r send it back to him.

crickerson
10-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I look forward to his reply ;-)

csu87
10-20-2010, 12:12 AM
orlando_crx is wrong. paypal will side with the seller if he provides proof it was delivered. only way is to do a chargeback. takes a 5 minute phonecall to your bank.

on a side note, i have bought a few amps from RAB and never had a problem. it could have been a shipping problem. i have a friend that sent an amp to be repaired, it was and shipped back. must have gotten dropped in shipping cause it instantly went up in smoke once turned on. sent it back and some of the parts had come alittle loose in shipping and caused it to short.

crickerson
10-20-2010, 12:13 AM
you must not have looked at the pics DB-R did the notes

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-20-2010, 12:14 AM
orlando_crx is wrong. paypal will side with the seller if he provides proof it was delivered. only way is to do a chargeback. takes a 5 minute phonecall to your bank.

on a side note, i have bought a few amps from RAB and never had a problem. it could have been a shipping problem. i have a friend that sent an amp to be repaired, it was and shipped back. must have gotten dropped in shipping cause it instantly went up in smoke once turned on. sent it back and some of the parts had come alittle loose in shipping and caused it to short.

Db-r said it was reassembled incorrectly. Maybe the shipping company dropped it, opened it, took it apart, figured they knew what they were doing, tried to fix it, put it back together, delivered it and now RAB is wrongfully being accused.

Or RAB knowingly or unknowingly sold an amp that he or someone else tried to repair and he wont comment in this thread because he knows he was in the wrong.

crickerson
10-20-2010, 12:17 AM
or maybe aliens came down and abducted the UPS guy and they put it back together wrong. RAB a friend of yours

crickerson
10-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Is ups in the habit of opening packages and attempting to repair things? hmm... I guess anything is possible

csu87
10-20-2010, 12:20 AM
not properly secure the power supply mosfets to the heatsink

what i was going off of. didnt read the full thing.

no RAB isnt a friend of mine. did you call your bank and do a chargeback?

99grandprixGT
10-20-2010, 12:22 AM
ups man wanted some practice.

crickerson
10-20-2010, 12:24 AM
The purchase price was 595 not trying to shaft him. I just want what I'm out... can the credit card charge back only part of the cost. I fixed the amp 287 thats all I want. Can the credit card charge back only that potion of the price?

slim2fattycake

So you were opened a for sale thread of a product that wasn't in working condition? I should try that. lol.

csu87
no. its either all or nothing. do a chargeback and send him the difference if you want then

crickerson
ups man wanted some practice.

lmao

9515ROB
10-20-2010, 12:25 AM
here is what does not make since YOU RAN THE AMP FOR 2 DAYS i would not even call out rab about this since you blew the dam thing if it was working when u got it and it worked for over a day then you F ed up and blew the dam thing up

crickerson
10-20-2010, 12:25 AM
RAB please just send me the 287.

9515ROB
10-20-2010, 12:28 AM
what kind of electrical do u have

Johnny Law.Lulz
here is what does not make since YOU RAN THE AMP FOR 2 DAYS i would not even call out rab about this since you blew the dam thing if it was working when u got it and it worked for over a day then you F ed up and blew the dam thing up

You're an idiot. Read the quotes from Db-r in the first post. Running the amp for 2 days isnt the issue.

crickerson
It blew because "someone else had previously worked on this amp and looks like they did not properly secure the power supply mosfets to the heatsink, so they did not transfer heat properly so it blew them up when the mosfets overheated" not at any fault of my own. I was sold a faulty amp that is why I have called him out. I sent it to the best repair guy I could find feel free to call him and validate bud

crickerson
10-20-2010, 12:30 AM
270 amp mechman 2 c&d 102 ah in back 2 runs o 0 gauge and a yellow top under the hood. any more questions?

crickerson
10-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Rab has not made this right....

Rick_Roll
10-20-2010, 12:43 AM
uppppp he doesnt even post here anymore does he? id never buy from someone who isnt 100% active on here...sorry bro but he shouod be paying for the fix

LazyRider
10-20-2010, 12:49 AM
uppppp he doesnt even post here anymore does he? id never buy from someone who isnt 100% active on here...sorry bro but he shouod be paying for the fix

x2. This can help avoid all the "communication" problems people complain about on here. They buy things from people who only log on here like once a week and complain when they don't keep in contact with them.

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-20-2010, 12:52 AM

Wheres your other name ?

crickerson
10-20-2010, 12:54 AM
other name?

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-20-2010, 12:55 AM
other name?

Thats not him, unrelated. I was just wondering. Sorry lol.

CL1CKCLACK
10-20-2010, 12:57 AM
im tellin ya OP. go over on DIYMA. he is VERY active over there

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Ill post a link to this over there.

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-20-2010, 01:01 AM
His name does not come up on diyma user list. Whats his name over there.

CL1CKCLACK
10-20-2010, 01:03 AM
im pretty sure its RAB over there. Man this is scary... Did he delete all his accounts i wonder?

crickerson
10-20-2010, 01:05 AM
You guys have been a huge help, I thank you all.

CL1CKCLACK
10-20-2010, 01:09 AM
For anyone whose interested RAB was online last night

Last Activity Yesterday 06:51 PM

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-20-2010, 01:12 AM
I PMed a mod over on DIYMA with some IPs and a link to this thread.

big bass joel
10-20-2010, 02:31 AM
guys check the usaci forum

RAM_Designs
10-20-2010, 02:44 AM
I think he's a minority, so he's automatically guilty.

Sorry muh dark skin brothas, just the way it be.

DonH
10-20-2010, 02:54 AM
wow yet another one of these amps that has blown. the circumstances **** yes, but all i c is how they go poof and not boom boom

RAB
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM
crickerson i told you it was fine if you didnt send the money as a gift we talked on the phone about it and you said it was cool.now i told you i never sent the amp to get repaired i dont lie to anybody i sent the amp out to you working because i tested it before it shipped like i told you i would do.you installed the amp and told me your were a happy costumer then you blow the amp which i used and never had a problem with and want me to pay for the repairs.i also told you i would help and send you 50 bucks but you said no.im a man of my word and never had anybody complain about the stuff i have sold.i know everybodys system is different but maybe yours had an issue that the amp didnt like and again i will tell you if the amp was refurbished or fixed before me i was not awre of it.

hrtbrk1
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
it wouldnt surprise me if ups dropped it and tried to repair it...they actually have repair centers around...i learned that in class that they keep electronic parts in hand so companies can have stuff repaired by them on the spot to save the extra shipping thng

RAB
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
johnny law i dont have an account on diyma i really never even been over there.but i saw on 1 of your post you stated that you would end my sales on here thats fine go ahead and do that. i sold an amp that was working and if you read on the op 1st post it says it maybe it wasnt repaired just not propertly secured.

crickerson
10-20-2010, 11:28 AM
actually DBR said Someone had taken it apart and put it back together, at a minimum, maybe they did not repair it, but they put it back together incorrectly, it does not look like something the factory would have done, it had long screws with nuts on them to hold some of the mosfets down and they were not tight.

crickerson
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I sent it to the best repairman I could find I't not like This info is coming from just anybody... I didnt make it up and I have pretty solid proof. If this does not get results I pursue other methods http://s1128.photobucket.com/home/HCCA12

crickerson
10-20-2010, 09:07 PM
So I think its safe to say you will not be making this right?

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-20-2010, 09:17 PM
DB-R said someone had attempted to repair it before. Regardless of whether you tested it before you sent it to the OP, that doesnt negate the fact that the amp was not as described. It took 2 days for the attempted repairs to make themselves evident to the OP so how would a 5 minute test by you mean anything. Whether or not you knew about the attempted repair, its still your fault because the amp came from you, you shouldve checked it over when you got it.

plugitin
10-20-2010, 10:31 PM
did rab buy this amp new?

CL1CKCLACK
10-20-2010, 10:35 PM
crickerson i told you it was fine if you didnt send the money as a gift we talked on the phone about it and you said it was cool.now i told you i never sent the amp to get repaired i dont lie to anybody i sent the amp out to you working because i tested it before it shipped like i told you i would do.you installed the amp and told me your were a happy costumer then you blow the amp which i used and never had a problem with and want me to pay for the repairs.i also told you i would help and send you 50 bucks but you said no.im a man of my word and never had anybody complain about the stuff i have sold.i know everybodys system is different but maybe yours had an issue that the amp didnt like and again i will tell you if the amp was refurbished or fixed before me i was not awre of it.

Ju fail. just pay the man the money before he files a claim on you

Imtjnotu
10-20-2010, 10:36 PM
should still file a claim ive seen it done even as a gift.....

plugitin
10-20-2010, 10:37 PM
paypal wont do anything, do you all not understand that?

whitedragon551
10-20-2010, 10:39 PM
DB-R said someone had attempted to repair it before. Regardless of whether you tested it before you sent it to the OP, that doesnt negate the fact that the amp was not as described. It took 2 days for the attempted repairs to make themselves evident to the OP so how would a 5 minute test by you mean anything. Whether or not you knew about the attempted repair, its still your fault because the amp came from you, you shouldve checked it over when you got it.

Worked fine for 2 days and then the OP blew it up, tried to fix it, and then blamed RAB? 2 days is enough time to do that as well.

crickerson
10-20-2010, 10:42 PM
That would take a very special type of person.

crickerson
10-20-2010, 10:45 PM
I started here...What would you do? - Car Audio Classifieds (http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58141) a couple people on here have some great things to say about rab as well... one of us is dishonest and shady....and it's not me

Imtjnotu
10-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Worked fine for 2 days and then the OP blew it up, tried to fix it, and then blamed RAB? 2 days is enough time to do that as well.ya but if dbr is saying it wasnt put back together right is it the op's fault it blew?

plugitin
10-20-2010, 10:47 PM
im sorry to say this, but i dont think rab has a reason to scam anyone, the guy has got money. He sells a lot of high dollar things on here (ive bought from him before).

crickerson
10-20-2010, 10:48 PM
I was sold an amp that was faulty period.

benzmansl65amg
10-20-2010, 10:48 PM
ghey

CL1CKCLACK
10-20-2010, 10:51 PM
im sorry to say this, but i dont think rab has a reason to scam anyone, the guy has got money. He sells a lot of high dollar things on here (ive bought from him before).

my thought is RAB wasnt aware that it had been reassembled, or repaired or whatever happened. but still RAB should reimburse the OP for at least a little more then 50 dollars for a repair. what kind of person spends the kind of money a Stetsom 4k2 costs and attempts to repair the amp themselves? or for that matter doesnt know how to properly install it?

Imtjnotu
10-20-2010, 10:51 PM
im sorry to say this, but i dont think rab has a reason to scam anyone, the guy has got money. He sells a lot of high dollar things on here (ive bought from him before).doesnt mean he is full proof...some times something can be sold faulty regardless of how much money somone has...they might just want to get it off there hands...im not taking any sides on this but if DB-R himself said the amp was put together wrong and was repaired before when Rab said it wasnt something is up

plugitin
10-20-2010, 10:53 PM
i agree with whats been said...he should atleast offer half of what it costs to get repaired imo. Sucky situation for both sides in something like this...

whitedragon551
10-20-2010, 11:01 PM
ya but if dbr is saying it wasnt put back together right is it the op's fault it blew?

How do you know the OP didnt take it apart and not put it back together right? First thing I do when I buy an amp used is take it apart and look at the internals to make sure it wasnt tampered with and there isnt anything loose before hooking it up. Take it apart and test it for a day and it blows, now blame RAB to recoupe from your own mistake. There is no way to conclusively say it was the OP or RAB's fault.

crickerson
10-20-2010, 11:01 PM
I only asked for half this was his reply
with all do respect i dont think i should have to help pay for the repairs.i sent you the amp in working order and you said you were happy with the amp. it blew after several days of use in your system thats something i cant help avoid.now if stetsom sold my team mate a defective amp well that ***** i used it several times and never had a problem i even tested it before i shipped to you. what i can is help with 50 bucks for the troubles but thats it

stesom sold it to him like that????

CL1CKCLACK
10-20-2010, 11:04 PM
How do you know the OP didnt take it apart and not put it back together right? First thing I do when I buy an amp used is take it apart and look at the internals to make sure it wasnt tampered with and there isnt anything loose before hooking it up. Take it apart and test it for a day and it blows, now blame RAB to recoupe from your own mistake. There is no way to conclusively say it was the OP or RAB's fault.

See the thing is. the OP is obviously new to the online side of car audio. he probably isnt used to having to worry about people sending him fvcked up products. i would be willing to bet a majority of the items he has bought were BN. Also since there is no way to say whose fault it was shouldnt each of them pay half?

power-fanatic07
10-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I say take the 50$ and put it towards the repair bill. At least you know Chris at db-r will do a good repair job and it wont happen again.

crickerson
10-20-2010, 11:10 PM
See the thing is. the OP is obviously new to the online side of car audio. he probably isnt used to having to worry about people sending him fvcked up products. i would be willing to bet a majority of the items he has bought were BN. Also since there is no way to say whose fault it was shouldnt each of them pay half?

And you are right I have never bought a used amp before. I had a couple memphis 1100 I sold those and bought a couple BXI2610s back in that day i had the Phoenix gold ti 1200 watt all bought new.

crickerson
10-20-2010, 11:13 PM
I already paid for the repair and DBR did an awesome job. perhaps I should have taken the 50. But after reading on caco that he had tried some funny stuff before I didn't want to take the 50 and let someone else make the same mistake I did.

CL1CKCLACK
10-20-2010, 11:15 PM
file a claim...

plugitin
10-20-2010, 11:17 PM
file a claim...

whats that going to do?

CL1CKCLACK
10-20-2010, 11:19 PM
whats that going to do?

it sure as h3ll doesnt hurt at this point, thats for sure. And tbh, i have heard of many SELLERS getting scammed out of money because the BUYER filed a PP claim and got his money even though there was no issue with the merchandise.

CL1CKCLACK
10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
so im not sure why you think the buyer never wins a pp claim

Imtjnotu
10-20-2010, 11:22 PM
now ur going in to speculation that the op is changing peoples words around when the op doesnt even kno what PP is...come on now seriously u have been here awhile and i kno have the sense to understand a faulty item or somone being ripped off....not that im saying this is going on but i highlllllly doubt that he changed his words around....

Johnny Law.Lulz
10-20-2010, 11:28 PM
I only asked for half this was his reply
with all do respect i dont think i should have to help pay for the repairs.i sent you the amp in working order and you said you were happy with the amp. it blew after several days of use in your system thats something i cant help avoid.now if stetsom sold my team mate a defective amp well that ***** i used it several times and never had a problem i even tested it before i shipped to you. what i can is help with 50 bucks for the troubles but thats it

stesom sold it to him like that????

No, im sure if it came from his team mate then his team mate tried to fix it or rab himself tried. Half would be the better than nothing.

CL1CKCLACK
10-20-2010, 11:33 PM
oh btw, link to fishyness going on over on CACO op?

whitedragon551
10-20-2010, 11:44 PM
now ur going in to speculation that the op is changing peoples words around when the op doesnt even kno what PP is...come on now seriously u have been here awhile and i kno have the sense to understand a faulty item or somone being ripped off....not that im saying this is going on but i highlllllly doubt that he changed his words around....

I am speculating. OP could have gotten it. Checked out the internals, not secured something properly, played it for 2 days and blew it. Or RAB could have tried to fix it and knowingly sent an amp he knew wasnt going to last. We have no way to tell who did it.

If it was the OP's fault why should RAB pay for half of the repair? If it was RAB's fault he should pay for a full repair.

Imtjnotu
10-20-2010, 11:48 PM
I am speculating. OP could have gotten it. Checked out the internals, not secured something properly, played it for 2 days and blew it. Or RAB could have tried to fix it and knowingly sent an amp he knew wasnt going to last. We have no way to tell who did it.

If it was the OP's fault why should RAB pay for half of the repair? If it was RAB's fault he should pay for a full repair.i never took sides and never said anything about payments...i think it just needs to be fixed but i never said rab needed to make this right

whitedragon551
10-20-2010, 11:49 PM
i never took sides and never said anything about payments...i think it just needs to be fixed but i never said rab needed to make this right

Part of that response was to someone else, but their message was on the next page so I couldnt reply with a multi quote.

crickerson
10-21-2010, 12:04 AM
I have asked him to pay for half. If he has so much money 139 bucks should be no big deal for Rab then huh? I'm going to give him a couple days... I will call master card next.

skitzafit
10-21-2010, 12:12 AM
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/467511-rab-owes-me-money.html
:uhoh:

Mitch86
10-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Loose screws that "doesnt look like something that was done from the factory" could be just that, loose screws from the factory. Possible right?

crickerson
10-21-2010, 12:37 AM
csu was active on the other rab rip off thread and still came over here acting like this couldn't be true???

crickerson
10-21-2010, 12:38 AM
some things aren't even worth replying to.

crickerson
10-21-2010, 12:39 AM
mitch read dbr's description again

crickerson
10-21-2010, 12:41 AM
dB-r Electronics (http://www.db-r.com/cs/css/ttx.cgi?cmd=ticket&key=1003Z103537669326481337)

crickerson
10-21-2010, 12:45 AM
the parts were not original. When I talked to DBR he said he has worked on thousands of Stetsoms and that the screw were not factory

whitedragon551
10-21-2010, 12:46 AM
DB-r also said:

You can probably not expect cooperation from the seller, as the item was working when you received it. Just my advice, best to leave it alone, and be more cautious next time you buy, have the amp checked out first by a qualified technician.

crickerson
10-21-2010, 12:49 AM
the parts you quoted were advise... The parts I quoted were facts ;-)

whitedragon551
10-21-2010, 12:51 AM
If it worked when you got it. I wouldnt refund your money. There is no way to tell what you did to it in those two days it was in your possession.

Imtjnotu
10-21-2010, 12:53 AM
If it worked when you got it. I wouldnt refund your money. There is no way to tell what you did to it in those two days it was in your possession.......came in to my amp....disrespected my mofsets

crickerson
10-21-2010, 12:54 AM
so that would make you a crook to since I did nothing to it...

slim2fattycake
10-21-2010, 12:56 AM
......came in to my amp....disrespected my mofsets

lol. Where's snoopdan. This is going to make him get into drift mode.

quis1
10-21-2010, 01:04 AM
where was the amp mounted?

crickerson
10-21-2010, 01:09 AM
behind my seat.

CL1CKCLACK
10-21-2010, 01:12 AM
where was the amp mounted?

why is that relevant? im pretty sure some vibration if it was mounted on the box wouldnt have magically changed the OEM screws to whatever DBR found

crickerson
10-21-2010, 01:14 AM
why is that relevant? Im pretty sure some vibration if it was mounted on the box wouldnt have magically changed the oem screws to whatever dbr found
x2

whitedragon551
10-21-2010, 01:19 AM
so that would make you a crook to since I did nothing to it...

Without proof its hearsay. If you had the amp in possession for two days and then it suddenly blew there is no way for you to prove to me that you didnt mess with it. You cant deny those simple facts.

quis1
10-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Go to termpro: brazilian amplifiers blown to close to the woofers (http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/20/14801.html) cause if blows again there will be a post about dbr

basscort2009
10-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Without proof its hearsay. If you had the amp in possession for two days and then it suddenly blew there is no way for you to prove to me that you didnt mess with it. You cant deny those simple facts.

as unfortunate as the situation is ^^^ he has a point. u may have not done ANYTHING but hook it up but it simply is the fact that u had it and it worked. i was sent a soundigital amp on here couple days ago and he said it worked. bench tested it and it didnt work. when the tech at crossfire checked it he said "yea we see alot of these and stetsoms built very sloppy and careless" so anything could have happened man

once again, sorry it happened to you OP but keep your head up and atleast be glad it could be fixed.

disturbed471985
10-21-2010, 05:01 AM
Call bank do a charge back and be done with it. Let RAB and paypal fight over who is going to take the loss on it.

dadon
10-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah if your are 100 percent legit and it was messed up and repaired before you.. do a charge back on your card.. and let the credit card company do what you pay them for...

yikes vR
02-04-2011, 02:44 PM
After reading.... I'd still buy from RAB. Either way, why are ppl still buying these Brazilian amps anyway ?

HvNd4Speed
02-05-2011, 03:08 AM
did you ever get your money back from PP, im in a similar boat but i never got my amp...waiting for my $$$ before i start a post

lesson learned! sorry about your amp man! hopefully you got this resolved!

9515ROB
02-05-2011, 03:27 AM
After reading.... I'd still buy from RAB. Either way, why are ppl still buying these Brazilian amps anyway ?

because they make lots of power and 90% of amps you buy today are made in china and korea but the korean amps are good sh1t....not to many amps are made in the USA no more

bumpin buick
02-05-2011, 03:29 AM
so whats rab say?

BattMan
02-13-2011, 11:42 PM
sounds to me like you shouldve purchased the RAB extended warranty
Seriously guys if your looking for guarantees and warranties then you should
probably stop trying to find good deals on used equipment in forum classifieds
and start buying new from a retailer. All electronics can possibly blow or malfunction at any time for any number of reasons
It could've been working great for rab when he sold it but then experienced a malfunction 3 days
later no matter who was bumpin it
If you sold an amp to someone in the special Olympics and they hooked it up backwards and blew it up
then came on the forum and called you a scammer and said you sold them a blown amp would you refund them when you know it was working great when you packed it up?

crickerson
02-27-2011, 09:33 PM
your right they can malfuction after 3 days... especially if the are not put together correctly..... feel free to read the beginning of the post. DBR said the amp had been repaired improperly. The amp was faulty and had been repaired improperly. But it's cool RAB's your boy. Myself i don't roll with those types

crickerson
02-27-2011, 09:35 PM
no he never made it right he's a dead beat. And I'd do my homework. There are more people he has ripped off. And if you'd still buy from RAB... your an idiot... GL though