PDA

View Full Version : auxilary mode on a Pioneer DEH-6800mp?

SPLmatic
10-19-2010, 12:10 AM
I've had this head unit for a while, and haven't tried using an auxilary chord till just now. This might seem stupid, but I can't figure out how to switch it to AUX mode. I have a 2.5mm adapter chord, so it definitely fits in there. I tried reading over the manual, and it hasn't helped out much. I can't believe I'm having this much trouble just trying to listen to my **** ipod..

if anyone has any experience with this HU or even Pioneer in general, your help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

matt_bennett05
10-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Im not 100% sure w/ that model but on some Pioneer units you have to go under the system settings and turn Aux1 or Aux2 on (and i think on some models the unit may have to be powered off to do it)... I would try under system settings w/ the unit on and if that doesnt work try doing it when you turn the unit off

Immociide
10-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Should be the same as changing the mode to radio from cd. It wont change over to aux mode unless there is an aux cord plugged in tho. You try another cord yet?

On another note. Your sq and spl is going to ****. Ipod = crappy music almost the worst you can get in dmp. Besides the lack of sq it cuts a lot of the lower end off.

mendezm9
10-19-2010, 12:17 AM
On mine, the 7800mp, it did have to be off then push in the volume knob after like 5 seconds it brings up a menu and scroll through until you find aux and push in to turn it on.

SPLmatic
10-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Should be the same as changing the mode to radio from cd. It wont change over to aux mode unless there is an aux cord plugged in tho. You try another cord yet?

On another note. Your sq and spl is going to ****. Ipod = crappy music almost the worst you can get in dmp. Besides the lack of sq it cuts a lot of the lower end off.

Yes it does, it doesn't matter if the chord is in or not. And we'll see, it sounds just as good as CD quality. I don't have my sub hooked up right now though.. so we will see.

On mine, the 7800mp, it did have to be off then push in the volume knob after like 5 seconds it brings up a menu and scroll through until you find aux and push in to turn it on.

Worked. Thanks a bunch man, this is was driving me nuts.

mendezm9
10-19-2010, 12:36 AM
On another note. Your sq and spl is going to ****. Ipod = crappy music almost the worst you can get in dmp. Besides the lack of sq it cuts a lot of the lower end off.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this on mine. I ended up just burning an mp3 cd and bumping music off of that.

Immociide
10-19-2010, 12:48 AM

I noticed this on mine. I ended up just burning an mp3 cd and bumping music off of that.[/QUOTE]

I did the same for a while. I used both my Archos 5 and a friends Ipod on ROCK and there was a definite lack. Then again you can also go ask the sq nuts on anythingbutipod.com too.

osmith
10-19-2010, 12:54 AM
I am having this problem on the 580mp....now I am kind of excited to try it tomorrow to see if it works, haha.