PDA

View Full Version : need a new unit

KRYPTO
10-15-2010, 10:10 PM
I can only fit a 1 or 1.5din deck. Here is what I'm looking at
Pioneer DEH-P9800BT (like eq)
Pioneer DEH-P5900iB (cheaper then ^)
Power Acoustik PTID-4333NRB (touch screen & DVD)
JVC KD-A815 (usb and colors)
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794 (usn and eq)

Right now I only have subs and stock door speakers, but will replace and run an amp to them in the future. I like the ability to control many frequencies to fine tune the system. Need to play MP3 either CD or usb, and would like to try HD radio. Not sure about satellite, never needed it.
I guess just an all around up to date good deck no more then $300
Any input or other suggestions are encouraged
Thanks

MONSONwarrior
10-16-2010, 09:47 AM
I would have to say don't make the same mistake I did, I bought mine because I wanted in-dash nav and the whole touchscreen but then I sacrificed EQ and I regret it now. Look for the best EQ you can so you can perfect it.

KRYPTO
10-16-2010, 09:53 AM
yeah I'm really leaning towards the DEH-P9800BT although the JVC is rel nice also but doesnt have the better eq in return it has usb....

MONSONwarrior
10-16-2010, 09:58 AM
how many band is the JVC? I installed one for my cousin this summer with a 7 band, the only thing was I hated how they labeled it "ultra high, high, high mid," etc. instead of the actually frequencies.

Cruzer
10-16-2010, 10:14 AM
i havent looked at the the other models u listed, but i was looking at the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794 as well.

time alignment, 5 band eq, Sound Excellence DSP, plus imo it looks better than the others u listed.

though if u can afford up to 300$ might look at an active head unit, which has every feature u could want, then speakers + 4 channel amp and ur done.

KRYPTO
10-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Not sure what an active head unit is, plus I only have so much room to fit a real nice deck in (wish I had a double din)

MONSONwarrior
10-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Not sure what an active head unit is, plus I only have so much room to fit a real nice deck in (wish I had a double din)

basically lets you control the tweets and mids independently, but you can also do that off a 4 channel amp.

KRYPTO
10-16-2010, 06:04 PM
what would you recommend for an active HU