PDA

View Full Version : HU problem kenwood

bustamove
10-13-2010, 11:59 PM
alright guys i have been on this for 2 days now..

i have a kenwood x794 hu, apline 4channel mrp 240(i think), sub

the problem i am having is when the fader and balance are all balanced, it sounds like it lacks bass and out of phase. so when i faded to the front or rear the sound becomes much more rich and the bass comes back, like its suppose to sound.. fade to balance again out of phase sounding lacking bass...

so i tried different RCAs... nothing. also there is cross talk i believe from the HU. for instants i would disconnect left front rca, and had the hu only to play front left only.. i should hear no sound... but its plays i would say 50% thru the front right still...(rears are disconnected at this point)

i also took a pair of head phones connected it to the rca to 1/8 head phone jack at the back of the HU... test front and rear separate, but front in the middle balance it was fuzzy static sound (worse then when the amp was connected).. fade left better sound with both ear buds playing fade back to middle, fuzzy, fade right better sound but thru BOTH again!! the only thing that concerns me about this test is the headphones create a common ground out of the RCA's. is that a problem do you think?

basically im dealing with a small dealer tomorrow, he told me its was my rca or my amp(which is quite old, but i tested it with rca hooked upto my iphone, seem FINE). so im going to tell him i still think its the deck and to give me a new one...

if any of you guys have any thoughts about it... PLEASE PLEASE lemme know i just want some tunes back!!!

Louisiana_CRX
10-14-2010, 12:05 AM
your speakers are out of phase

BlactimusCrime
10-14-2010, 12:07 AM
do you have time alignment on the HU?

bustamove
10-14-2010, 12:27 AM
your speakers are out of phase

at first i thought that too.. but once i disconnected the rear it would do it left to right instead of front to back.. check all polarity to the speakers all right.

also another test i did was.
had both front RCA plugged in but disconnected the right speaker(high level side) from amp. when i balanced from left to right the left speaker would still loose bass once it hit the middle, then get quiet about 50% once i was at full right, when there shouldn't be any sound at all or very very little i would think.

say if my speaker were out of phase what are some things i could do to keep them from cancelling eachother out?

bustamove
10-14-2010, 12:29 AM
do you have time alignment on the HU?

i dont think soo.. i looked for something to say off set the timing on the speakers like my home theater amp to get them out of phase... but i don't think that is the problem.