PDA

View Full Version : CDT Image Enhancement Kits

nosaj070
01-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi, i'm looking to replace my extremely harsh Infinity Reference tweet. I noticed these image enhancement kits and they seem pretty reasonable assuming they work alright. Apparantly i don't need a new crossover and can use my existing mid, just pop in the new tweet. Has anyone heard these? im lookin at the cheapest silk domes.

http://thezeb.com/caraudio/CDT_Audio_Tweeters.html

Bill T.
01-25-2004, 02:14 PM
On my CDT components, the crossover is ready for this kit. I thought about going with it and mounting them in the A-Pillar.

My 1" tweeters sound soo clean now. And I believe they are the same tweeters in the Classic Series.

Bill T.

nosaj070
01-25-2004, 02:55 PM
On my CDT components, the crossover is ready for this kit. I thought about going with it and mounting them in the A-Pillar.

My 1" tweeters sound soo clean now. And I believe they are the same tweeters in the Classic Series.

Bill T.

So you actually have the IEK? or just the classic components with the same tweets.

Bill T.
01-25-2004, 04:46 PM
I believe the IEK uses the same tweeter as my Classic set.

Bill T.

halucinations
01-26-2004, 10:21 PM
if i plug these into my CDT crossover will it lower my impedence to 2 ohms?

Brad

slick rick
01-27-2004, 01:31 AM
if i plug these into my CDT crossover will it lower my impedence to 2 ohms?

Brad

its supposed to

80_Cutlass_mn
01-27-2004, 02:11 AM
Yes it will raise the impedence. It wont raise the impedence on the woofer freqs but it will the tweeters. In other words on frequencies that the crossover sends to the woofer, the amp will see a 4 ohm load, on frequencies the crossover sends to the tweeters, the amp will see a 2 ohm load. So it will kinda be an awkward situation but I dont see where it would hurt anything.