PDA

View Full Version : Need help selecting a headunit

ActionAnt
10-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Hi boys and girls

i am a little clueless when it comes to car audio and need help selecting a headunit that meets my needs.

My needs are as follows:
-Must fit a single bay slot (sorry don't know the correct jargon yet)
-Must connect to my phone via bluetooth (phone is a Samsung Galaxy S)
-Must interface to my ipod
-Must accept satellite controls from my steering wheel (eg volume and up/down selection)
-CD Player (not essential)
-Don't need a DVD player / screen

From the headunit poll I see that most people either have a Pioneer / Alpine headunit. Are these the best options? Will either of these meet my needs?
Alpine iDA-X3**
Pioneer DEH-P6200BT

All feedback is appreciated.

thanks in Advance
Anton

Suicide Bobb
10-08-2010, 03:51 AM
Two threads with the same question and different content? Confusing little noob you are...

Here was my post from the other thread...

Pics and list of said home audio equipment?

On the topic of the headunit...

Price limit?

Minimum standard features? Amount of preouts, time alignment, etc.

Any other preferences?

ActionAnt
10-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Well...
B&W is my brand of choice. Pics can be found here: click me (http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-diy/1071937-my-turn-floating-wall-another-groove-inspiration.html)
headunit...
Price Limit is probably $300-$400
Not looking to upgrade the hell out of the sound in the car, just want to be able to control what I got. so.. number of preouts, time alignment, etc not too important.
needs to look good too. Headunits with lots of flashy lights make for easy targets (I live in Africa)

Suicide Bobb
10-08-2010, 04:17 AM
Loving the floating wall!

Sad to see the absence of old school equipment, though :( Oh well, at least you're running Marantz and B&W! Good choices for new equipment.

Try and look for a Rockford RFX-8250, known as the "Denford" (it's essentially a Denon). If you aren't looking for a whole lot of features and you don't want something that someone is gunna want to steal, I think that's your best choice. They are quite rare though, so it will be difficult finding one (but very worth it).

ActionAnt
10-08-2010, 04:58 AM
Thanks Bobb.
I'll have a look.
Any thoughts on the Kenwood KDC-X994? I see it can accepts steering remote controls...