PDA

View Full Version : Voice Dialing with Alpine KCE-400BT and iPhone 3GS?

4GPrelude
09-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone here tell me if they've had, or know of another having any luck with using the voice dialing feature through this KCE-400BT kit on an Alpine HU, when paired to an iPhone (specifically 3GS)?

I've been having a great deal of difficulty over the past few weeks with which head unit to purchase for my car. From Alpine, I'm torn between the slight older IXA-W407 and the newer IDA-X305S (along with the optional KCE-400BT bluetooth kit). If voice dialing doesn't work when connected to an iPhone, I might go with the 407 because you can use a dialing keypad on the touchscreen.

I've read that on (at least) the 305S, only the first number for any given contact is available to call.

I chatted with someone at Crutchfield.com and the gentleman provided me a link to a list of compatible phones and compatible features with the KCE-400BT (attached, but sorry I only attached page one screen shot, the whole document is larger than allowed on here), however under "Enable to use voice recognition" the iPhones are all listed as not having that feature available (which is untrue), rather than being listed as not compatible with Alpine. I'm hoping some knowledgeable readers here have tried (and succeeded) with this combination.

Thanks in advance.

4GPrelude
09-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Anyone? Nobody here has the combination of an Alpine head unit with bluetooth and an iPhone?