PDA

View Full Version : Sales guy says Kenwood KDC-x994 is much better than Kenwood KIV-700......why?

Z3M
09-24-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm down to a Kenwood KIV-700 or a Kenwood KDC-x994. I compared these 2 HU on KenwoodUSA and Crutchfield. I understand the differences between them. That being said, the sales guy I was talking to highly reccomends the x994 over the KIV-700. When I asked why, the sales guy said the x994 has more sound configuration settings than the KIV-700. I can't find the sound configuration differences between the KIV-700 and the KDC-x994.

Are there any sound configuration difference between the KIV-700 and the KDC-x994 or is this sales guy wrong. I could go either on this purchase.

BMW M Roadster
HU: either one of these listed above
Speakers: either the Hertz Hi-Energy HSK 165 or Boston Acoustics SR65
Amp: Alpine PDX 4.150
Siruis satellite
Sub: Still trying to figure this one out

coleadcock
09-24-2010, 12:16 AM
humm, they both seem to have time alignment and dsp and 5 band eq, only difference i see is the 994 has 4v pre outs and a cd player

hzsogood
09-24-2010, 12:18 AM
yea I think the KIV is basically just a hi end media player

hzsogood
09-24-2010, 12:19 AM
ID do the KIV with a changer ;)

DonH
09-24-2010, 12:23 AM
KIV has a much better larger screen. so if your going ipod only do that. same tuning abilities without the bluetooth of the X994 which comes straight out of the box no extra add ons. they both have pros and cons. i wouldnt do the KIV as i like cd's still. but the 994 is amazingly fast with the USB with ipod and Thumb drive. my opinion find a shop with both on display and mess with them. c which one you like most

12voltz+-
09-24-2010, 12:29 AM
the kvi of course doesn't have the built in bluetooth and the cd player (mechless) but deff gives you a nicer screen the 994is more of a audiophile HU while the kvi is more of a multimedia type HU... either way both **** units and work awesome have many of the same settings and more !

Z3M
09-24-2010, 12:55 AM
KIV has a much better larger screen. so if your going ipod only do that. same tuning abilities without the bluetooth of the X994 which comes straight out of the box no extra add ons. they both have pros and cons. i wouldnt do the KIV as i like cd's still. but the 994 is amazingly fast with the USB with ipod and Thumb drive. my opinion find a shop with both on display and mess with them. c which one you like most

Yes, I did this. I'm fine with the way both worked for me. I guess all this boils down to a larger screen or Bluetooth. My current Alpine cd-105 I've had for almost a year. I've never put a cd into it. As all this is going into a convertible, I don't have much storage and lets face it.....parked, top down, and that CD I forgot to hide will disappear.

Z3M
09-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks all for your input. I decided to go with the x994. The larger screen on the KIV-700 would be just a larger washed out screen in a convertible. I also decided to go with the Boston Acoustic SR-60.

BMW M Roadster
HU: Kenwood KDC-x994
Speakers: Boston Acoustics SR60
Amp: Alpine PDX 4.150
Siruis satellite
Sub: Still trying to figure this one out