PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

sojodave
09-19-2010, 12:01 PM
I installed a Pioneer AVH-p3200DVD and it worked great for two weeks. Suddenly, the tuner stopped working. I though it was a problem with my antenna adapter. I switched to a new tuner adapter and no luck. Hit the reset button and it didn't help.

The only thing I can think of is that there may be a ground wire that came loose inside the unit that has stopped reception. Everything else works on the unit and I do have the Pioneer warranty, but I don't want to go 6 weeks without music.

Anyone have any ideas???

CHEMMINS
09-19-2010, 12:03 PM
How old is the deck? Return it with the reciept and get another.....let them deal with it.

sojodave
09-19-2010, 12:10 PM
I bought the unit from Cowboom.com for only $210. They have a 30 day return policy and I have 10 days to decide. Big problem is that they charge a 25% restocking fee. They will return my money minus the restocking fee. They can't exchange it because they don't have the same unit in stock so I'll have to get a unit that is $90 more (Amazon) than I paid for it. If you add the restocking fee, that's $140 more than I paid for it originally.

CHEMMINS
09-19-2010, 12:12 PM
If they exchange it, then you don't have to pay the restocking fee seeing as it is defective.

sojodave
09-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Only problem is that I doubt they will exchange it because they will only exchange it if there is the same unit in there warehouse. There is no AVH-P3200 on sale at Cowboom.com so I am betting they will return my money minus the stocking fee.

CHEMMINS
09-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Phone and say....you sold me a defective unit. I want another. You don't have any in stock? Well then upgrade me to the next model and I will pay the difference. Thank you, have a nice day.

If they give you hassle, ask if they are part of the better business bureau. That usually gets their attention really quick.

sojodave
09-26-2010, 12:48 PM
WHOHOO! Pioneer is paying for my head unit to get fixed. I should get it back in a couple of days. I was considering a HD tuner. What are people's opinion of the PIONEER GEX-P20HD. Is HD radio worth it?