PDA

View Full Version : Can't get CDTs

YUndai
01-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi I was keen on a pair of CL-61a CDTs but thezeb won't ship them to NZ and there is no dealer over here. I am keen on the 6 inch components and not sure what to get. I was looking at Infinity Reference 6", Alpine type s, MB Quart any other good alternatives to the CDTs for around $150. Anyone know of any stores that ship internationally?

Also the door panel space is 6x4 and the speakers sit in a tray flush the door panel goes over top. Could I stick an inch of MDF wood between the tray and speaker as a spacer to fit the bigger speakers in or is there a better material to use. The grill is one cast plastic with the door panel so I have to work behind this to fit the speaker in. I could maybe cut the plastic and space the speaker out them put another grill over the top. Any suggestions would be great?

desi_daru
01-28-2004, 07:11 AM
ya a mdf spacer should work, i actually gotta use a spacer also but imma wait till it heats up cause i have no need to roll my windows down wen its cold outside, lol

i heard u may want to put some poly fill in there also so that it sounds nice and tight (cause of the gap the spacer puts in there or something)

nosaj070
01-28-2004, 01:07 PM
What kind of sound are you looking for from your tweeters? A harsh but accurate sound, or a softer, easier on the ears sound?

limitkid7
01-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Hi I was keen on a pair of CL-61a CDTs but thezeb won't ship them to NZ and there is no dealer over here. I am keen on the 6 inch components and not sure what to get. I was looking at Infinity Reference 6", Alpine type s, MB Quart any other good alternatives to the CDTs for around $150. Anyone know of any stores that ship internationally?

Also the door panel space is 6x4 and the speakers sit in a tray flush the door panel goes over top. Could I stick an inch of MDF wood between the tray and speaker as a spacer to fit the bigger speakers in or is there a better material to use. The grill is one cast plastic with the door panel so I have to work behind this to fit the speaker in. I could maybe cut the plastic and space the speaker out them put another grill over the top. Any suggestions would be great?

i'll get them to you for 25 exta bucks...
from the zeb and everything.. email me for details ([email protected])