PDA

View Full Version : Best 6"x8" speakers you've heard....

shrapnel
09-12-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm not looking to break the bank on rear fill but I need something with great performance (good bass, even mids and treble) at the cheapest possible price to stick in my rear deck.

Input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

misfit138
09-12-2010, 03:25 AM
I think ge_off_me or Suicibe Bobb (can't remember which) still have a pair of my old Kenwood KFC-P680c plate components. Those were awesome on about 60 watts per side. Give them a holler and see if they still have them. I'm pretty sure they wanted less than $50.

These - Kenwood KFC-P680C 6"x8" 2-way plate speakers at Crutchfield.com (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KFCP680/Kenwood-KFC-P680C.html?tp=92)

revrider1
09-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Iv used some basic Pioneers a while back in a work car, some 3 way Coax and they were pretty good for the pirce. I think I paid like $50 a set...

brian84corvette
09-12-2010, 04:07 AM
I guess any 6x8 speaker with some decent tweets in it will be ok. I mean they cant take much rms at all with out distorting on bass
so you will have to ajust them to fit that acordingly - or listen to them "pop" every so often from over excursion / bottoming out on the tweets
haha

asking what the best 6x8 speakers are - is along the same lines of asking wich compact car will be the fastest at the drag strip ...
it dont realley matter much in the end ya know ? theyr back there for rear fill / and mid duty... dont expect them to play bass

keep_hope_alive
09-13-2010, 12:09 AM
the best 6x8's are more expensive than you want to spend, so it's a moot point.

what is your budget? the best performance would be from a plate speaker or a component set in a baffle.

also consider what your front stage is and try to match them so you have some tonal consistency. each speaker set sounds different. IMO ideal is equal front and rear if they are all running full range without processing.