PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help amplifying door speakers

big nick
09-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Im new to using components so bare with me if i dont understand ... but gotta learn somehow
so correct me if im wrong i want to wire 2 speakers in parallel one being component the other being a coaxial so the way i take it is i will connect the positive input from the crossover to the positive on the rear speaker then to the amplifier and same with negative right?
what im trying to do is accomplish is a 2 ohm load for 2 sets of speakers and connect all 4 speakers to 1 2 channel amplifier giving it 2 seperate 2 ohm loads.
I just want to know if im going about this the right way

and just so noone gets on my case about getting a 4 channel instead im getting the 2 channel for free from a friend of mine and i know its in perfect working condition so i have no reason to turn it down

turdfergison
09-10-2010, 08:44 PM
what ever ur components are rated as that the watts they do ever tho components come with 2 seperate speakers tweeter and woofer its just the same as a coaxial except its better quality its separtated and beefed up each parts like in a coaxial the tweeter is just glued on the top u can can coacials and comps all on the same amp it just has to be a bad *** amp that can handle it u should put the comps on one channel and the coaxials on a different channel or u can do watever u want just experiment

big nick
09-10-2010, 09:21 PM
yea i understand everything that your saying i just wasnt sure if i would connect the wire to the crossover or if i would connect it to the back of the woofer but now that i thinking it would make sence to hook it up to the cross over