PDA

View Full Version : ideas bursting through my skull

Cantaffrdspeaks
01-21-2004, 11:59 PM
I dont know what it would be called but i want to know how it would perform. Its a box with 3 chambers, a main chamber for the subwoofer, and two on either side of the subwoofer with ports leading into them and ports leading out. I was thinking about this when i was doin the dimensions for my abc box. Just wondering how you guys think it would sound??

DirtySchemer
01-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Just be careful to not exceed 88mph... you don't know where you'll end up.

I'd say if your into expiramenting then go for it, but if you just want to build one box and throw it in your car, then go with a simple sealed box.

As far as how I think it would sound.... well, that could get interesting. Because you could tune that first chamber to some frequency... say 50 hz. So, then above 50 hz, it would probably sound much like a sealed enclosure of that size. Then once it drops below 50 hz, it will begin to use the air volume in the second part of the enclosure, which will release some of the resistance from the woofer and produce a larger wang.

So essentially, you could could have an enclosure that acts like it's smaller at higher frequencies and bigger at lower frequencies.

hoss
01-22-2004, 09:43 AM
im not really understanding exactly what you are scheming here... but it kind of sounds like a 6th order bandpass enclosure, except you are trying to add a sealed aspect to it as well. however, i dont really think that can be done(i coule be wrong here though :) ). a speaker only puts out two waves, a front and a backwave, so seperating 2 waves amongst three enclosures sounds kind of impossible.

if you can figure a way to do it though, go for it.

Cantaffrdspeaks
01-22-2004, 05:19 PM
****it, i dont know how to add pix, i would show you what i was thinking of but it wont attach to my reply:(