PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer TS-G671M speakers question

allremains21
09-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Hey all, I hope you're enjoying labor day. I'm just now getting back into car audio... and I had a simple question. Well my set-up is a pioneer deh-p4100ub headunit, 6 1/2 260 watt pioneers in the front and 240 watt 6x8 pioneers in the rear. I don't have an amp installed or anything, all speakers running from HU. Well, my rear speakers sound ok, but my fronts I'm having the trouble with. I checked the polarity on them, it's good. They sound good until you turn them up, the louder you turn them up the less bass they have also... and I have to keep the bass boost at 0 and the low in negative or they distort badly when it's turned up loud. They sound dull and lifeless. Could I just need an amp? I just wanna make sure I didn't get a set of bad speakers and waste my money.

Deeper_shades
09-06-2010, 12:36 PM
well, from your headunit, your only going to see 12-20w rms, your sending them some dirty power when you turn them up, clipping and getting distortion. I strongly suggest getting an amp that can give them the proper power they want.

allremains21
09-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the response man. I'm not too sure how they sound, I mean the highs are good but it just sounds like they won't put out any power at all. I can't turn up the bass or they distort. So they sound like that because I have them off my HU?

Deeper_shades
09-06-2010, 10:43 PM
well, as I explained, your deck only puts out 12-20w rms, I dont know the model numbers of your pioneer speakers, but I bet they are around 80w RMS +
so, anytime turn up your deck and the tiny amp goes over 20w you will start to clip and be sending out a bad signal to your speakers, of course your speakers are going to sound like ****. you need a amp that will put out the power the speakers are rated at. If your on a budget, I suggest going with a mb quart 480, or even a crunch gpv 1600 would be alright.

and please stop going by MAX power, RMS is the rating you need.

Deeper_shades
09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
ahh, I just noticed the model number is in the title....

those speakers are the lowest end pioneer makes and that that wal-mart carries, they are rated at 40w. I wouldn't expect great quality out of them, even with an amp....but it will help