PDA

View Full Version : Are there any decent 4x6's???

DarkStars
01-21-2004, 09:43 PM
in an 04 Cavalier the front doors have 4x6's, are there any decent speakers that sized that I should replace them with or should I go with kick panel Q-Forms with a 6 inch componets? Also can you run componnents off the head unit or do you need an amp for them? I was thinking type R components up front and type r 6x9's in the rear. Thanks in advance.

sumone
01-22-2004, 08:31 AM
AFAIK, components are better run off of an amp - but I'm still a newbie in this field. my malibu has 4x6s in the front, but I was told by some that 6.5" speakers may fit also - and that they make adapters to get 6.5"s in 4x6s. I still went with the q-logic kick panels though - they're arriving today so I don't know what to expect yet

iceteebone
01-22-2004, 11:07 AM
do what i did and go with both. i have a 93 grand prix with 4x6 in the dash and put some infinity 4x6 plate speakers and they sound great. if you go with components go with cdt cl-61's at thezeb.com for $149. i run the dash speakers and comps. off a 4 channel us acooustics amp and run the rear speakers off my head unit and have a sub in the trunk and it sounds perfect. go with the infinity kappa plate speakers for up front and put the components in some kicks.

Berry47
01-22-2004, 12:28 PM
I believe polk makes a nice set of 4x6's.

EzekialPhoenix
01-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Generally speaking, 6.5 components in kick panels are going to sound better than any 4 x 6 separates you are going to find

B&R Innovation2
01-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Ok yes amping even factory speakers will make a dramatic change in the quality of sound. It will give you much more control over what frequencys get anywhere.

If you have the option for kick panels go with them, though I make my own so I dont know how actually good Qlogics are.

I've used Infinty Plate 4x6's...plates are the only way to go IMO. And actually they sounded great...as do most round speakers compared to thoes **** oval ones.

DarkStars
01-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Wouldn't an amp easily overpower factory speakers?