PDA

View Full Version : Alpine IVA-W505 Issues

Phoenix
09-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I know this is my first post, but I hope somebody can steer me in the right direction.

I installed an Alpine IVA-W505 a few months ago, and everything seemed fine. I have the PAC steering wheel and DVD modules, the HD Radio box, the Bluetooth box, the XM box, and I also have the NVE-P1 (navigation) installed.

All was working well together like a happy family until one day the radio stopped playing music and nothing seemed to work anymore. The head unit does not recognize any of my add ons, and the FM radio just endlessly searches for radio stations. Also no sound comes out of the speakers. I tried resetting, even disconnecting the car battery overnight, but it did nothing to help.

I understand that it will most likely have to go to Alpine for repairs, but has anybody else had an experience similar to mine, and if so, is there a home solution, or am I screwed? Also if someone did have to send their unit to Alpine for this issue, what was the outcome?

Thanks

Phoenix
09-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I unplugged the HD radio and Sirius modules and now the navigation and CD player work again, but my bluetooth does not.

Phoenix
09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
My I-pod only works on the USB output. The radio stays in a permanent search mode if I try to use the full speed connection.