PDA

View Full Version : Not pleased with Pioneer AVH 3200bt

doped304
09-01-2010, 08:25 PM
I have a 05 Silverado and just redid my whole system. I Sound deadened with Rammat BTX II, pretty much everything but the floors and roof. For the fronts I went with German maestro 6.5 components, pretty close to Focals but a little warmer. For rear fill I cut holes the the door and added my old fronts, Memphis Audio SYNC 6.5 components. I have an older alpine mrv f??, 75x4 RMS. For the sub I have an image dynamics idq v3 10 inch in a ported box powered by a memphis prd 500.1 monoblock.
Now for the headunit I got the pioneer 3200bt because it was the only cheap double din with 4 volt preouts, and a pretty good eq. I feel the headunit is not very clean, it has no mids. It has been tuned by a shop and they say this is not a very good headunit. I have allways used kenwood but all of their double dins have 2 volt preouts. And my last 2 kenwoods got cds stuck in them and it took 6 months each time to get this problem solved.
I know the ins and outs of pre amp voltage but from my experience the higher voltage made everything much cleaner.
So what are my options? I could sell the pioneer to my buddy who wants a double din but then what? Is there a way to turn off the internal amp in this thing? Sell me on a new head unit. I could live without bt and nav. I am more concerned with sq.

nateberrier
09-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I got a 9855 and an 860mp pm if interested

doped304
09-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Nate I was looking to go with a double din but thanks I have heard good things about that alpine. By the way I like the internet cop guy

nateberrier
09-02-2010, 01:50 AM
lol youre welcome. im not sure i know of too many sq double dins, I suggest a good crossover and to continue using that deck, thats what I was gonna do :D

adam71
09-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I agree, there aren't many SQ double din head units on the market today. They're more feature oriented than anything else. I also don't see how 4 volt outputs aren't enough. If SQ is your main concern then get a single din unit and get a nice dash adapter. Not all install kits are ugly. You just have to be a little creative. But if you insist on double din you're going to have to accept the downfalls of the lower SQ.

I would recommend the DEX-P99RS if you have the money. It's basically a P9 combo in 1 chassis and with MP3 capabilities.