PDA

View Full Version : i think my car might have a brake problem please help

markak134
08-28-2010, 05:21 PM
this is my first car so i dont know much but im learning

heres whats been happening

im driving then all of the sudden my break pedal it starts to get all stiff then i smell this burning smell normal the break is loose then when this thing happens the break gets all stiff like a cant really press it in but the car still stops and then i smell this burning smell
but then after 5-10 mins it goes away then the breaks are back to normal

i get scared and pull over and check under the hood and stuff and the smell goes away i checked my brake fluid its high does can anyone help to know what is happening

also when that problem happens my car cant excellerate as fast ive noticed

Litunerkid
08-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Sounds like a caliper locking up..

Vossy
08-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Could be break lines/broken calipers.
Happened on my car, rear left wheel locked.
Replaced caliper and brakes, but still locked. Ended up being break lines

bubbagumper6
08-28-2010, 06:08 PM
When it happens again immediately stop your car and check all 4 tire areas. At least one of them will probably be hotter than usual and have that smell coming from it.

markak134
08-28-2010, 06:58 PM
yea its werid cause it happens then it goes away it will probaly come back again so ill find out

i had all the brakes replaced like a year ago not me the owner before me i have the papers the assholes that installed it must of did it wrong

markak134
08-28-2010, 07:54 PM
could this be just a temporary problem or do i have to take it to a shop

bubbagumper6
08-28-2010, 07:57 PM
could this be just a temporary problem or do i have to take it to a shop

Well that depends on a lot of variables...mainly your mechanic skills and the difficulty of the actual problem

Asystole
09-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Brakes aren't something to mess with, If you don't know what a stuck caliper is like, just take it to a mechanic.

How often is it happening?
In my experience car problems don't go away on their own.