PDA

View Full Version : 15" sub in box for xtended cab truck

bobo244
01-21-2004, 12:13 AM
i have a 96 chevy 1500 extended cab. i took out my backseat and am going to replace it with a 4 cube ported box for my 15" awt15x ( soon to be replaced by a 15 " XXX :)!!!!...)....anyways, i am building my box now but i am wondering what direction should i face the sub and port to? should i face them up to the roof? down to the ground? to the side? i am a daily driver and i want to get the deepest, lowest, richest bass i can. not just concerned with spl. any help at all would be great.

yamaha326
01-22-2004, 11:17 PM
downfire it to the ground i have 2 12' alpine type r and they sound really good downfired

mrray13
01-22-2004, 11:59 PM
the best thing to do(if possible) is to play around with different placements. if that isn't possible..well, everyone is going to say something different....

from personal experience i have had two eights firing down with the port facing an outside door...sounded good and got loud considering the subs were just eights, currently i have two fifeteens where the back seat used to be...the ports are facing forward in between the front seats and the subs facing forward and up(see my pics in the gallery) . i prefer the sound from the current setup...though the previous wasn't bad.

couple other things...

some believe firing the subs up with the ports also facing up is the best in an xcab

u might also want to try a slighter smaller box tuned low....the decreased air space will allow a slighter better response from the sub....but always try the recommended size enclosure first, those are usually the best for sql

man, i talk to much..

wheeeeeeeeeeeee