PDA

View Full Version : Audio Noob with question.

andymaulding
08-24-2010, 11:11 PM
I have a decent Pioneer stereo installed in my new truck. I had just bought and installed a new Kenwood stereo in my older broken down one. I had already paid to get the harness wired to my old truck for my Kenwood. Is there any way i could buy an adapter for the rear harness, and remove the Pioneer stereo, and replace it with the Kenwood?
I really dont have the money for someone else to install it again, i was just wondering.

Thanks.

norrizzle90
08-24-2010, 11:18 PM
so what are you exactly trying to do? im a little confused?

andymaulding
08-24-2010, 11:25 PM
I want to take out the Pioneer system installed in the dash, but there is that harness that plugs into the back of the unit. And that harness will only fit Pioneers, i was wondering if there was an adapter to plug into it, so that it could work with my Kenwood. Because i dont want to sauter my kenwood harness on it again.

norrizzle90
08-25-2010, 12:08 AM
if you have the kenwood one, and its in the same car then you should be able to plug out the pioneer and plug in the kenwood.

NFAMOUZ
08-25-2010, 09:19 PM
lol, an adapter for an adapter, but like he said ^ just get a harness for your kenwood and wire it in, you don't need to pay anyone