PDA

View Full Version : New setup for 07 Ranger

07ranger
08-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Hey guys so I just purchased my 2007 Ford Ranger and I am looking to add to the stereo. I would like to start with simple amp and speakers for the doors. I have a Supercab setup and am trying to figure out the difference with the speakers. After reading through the big difference between co axial and component I am trying to figure what would be best for the front and then what would be best for the back. Other than that I am trying to figure out if I would notice a difference if I was to put a circle speaker in the 6X8 spot? Is there any advantage to the circle 6" speakers? Now for the amp I am trying to figure since I have a supercab if there would be any advantage to getting a 4 channel amp. Well thank you guys very much for all your input!

DonH
08-21-2010, 03:19 AM
a nice 6.5" component setup up front with the tweeters off axis i like best.... for the back 6.5" coaxials... normally the 5x7's lack in mid bass output... but you can put the 5x7's in the back. as far as the amp goes depends on the speakers you purchase

edit: i have one set of these up front on an oldschool eclipse amp giving each side 125 rms:
http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/CDT-Audio-COM-626-Component-Set-65p175.htm

nothing in the back as it wouldn't matter because of the size of my box lol

07ranger
08-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Well how about the amp? How much of a difference would it make if I get the 4 channel amp compared to a 2 channel?