PDA

View Full Version : Need a good 2 way tweeter set.

Preston Brekhus
08-19-2010, 04:19 AM
I have 4 15' Aq Hdc315's and need some good tweeters to hear the words.. i have a Aq4x90 and dont know much about door speakers so could somebody help me out thanks

keep_hope_alive
08-19-2010, 01:57 PM
that's a lot of bass. you need more than just tweeters. you need full range speakers to reproduce between 60Hz and 20,000Hz. The subs just do 20Hz - 80Hz.

most people with that much bass will run a pair of 6.5" component speakers in each door (two pair total). this requires some fabrication to fit both 6.5's in the door. the tweeters work well in the apillars. that is a tried and true method.

first, no one can recommend speakers without knowing the following:
1. what vehicle/make/mode/trim/etc.?
2. what are your factory speaker sizes and depths? (Crutchfield and ModifiedLife.com and MetraOnline.com are all good references for sizes and depths)
3. what is your speaker budget? - try to spend as much on speakers as you did on subs - seriously
4. where will you be shopping? (local shop, online w/ warranty, online w/out warranty)
5. who will be installing them?

galacticmonkey
08-19-2010, 02:43 PM
If youre trying to keep up with 150+db of bass, go for some pro audio speakers. Look for Selenium, Eminence, etc.

diablo_331
08-24-2010, 12:30 AM
If youre trying to keep up with 150+db of bass, go for some pro audio speakers. Look for Selenium, Eminence, etc.

x2. I ran a set of selenium 6.5s up front with some pro audio tweets (Name of the tweets escapes me atm) with my last 150db system and they more than kept up. Plus there were like $25 each from partsexpress.