PDA

View Full Version : Digital Designs DDC6.5 wiring question????

GregEvans
08-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Just bought a pair of ddc6.5's the ones with the small inline crossovers(the ones that are solid black and are football shaped) and I am unsure of how to wire them up. The crossover has a pos/neg wire leading into the crossover and a pos/neg wire going out the crossover. Do i just wire the mid and tweet to the same outgoing wire? I'f I do how is the crossover suppose to determine which freq to send to the different speakers? Most crossovers I have delt with had a dedicated terminal for each speaker but this one does not have that so I am lost. Any help would be appreciated.

disturbed471985
08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Did you buy new? I'f so you need to get in contact with whoever sold them to you and ask for the rest of the set. The DDC set's come with 2 pair's of crossovers. The ones you have are to be used with the tweets only. The mid's have a seperate crossover. The dealer I bought my set from only gave me the crossovers for the tweets like you and I guess he figured I wouldn't notice but I did unfortunately I didn't notice till a month or so after so I was SOL. Hope you can get it taken care of.