PDA

View Full Version : Question on speakers

GrandPrixDriver
08-13-2010, 01:35 PM
I got the two front speakers of my car blown out and I took the door panel off and checked the size of the speakers and they are 4X6 but they're square speakers. I want to put the Pioneer Ts-G4641R speakers into my car. It says they are 4X6, so wouldn't that work? If not, what would I need to do so they do work.

Thanks.

keep_hope_alive
08-14-2010, 12:42 AM
buy from Crutchfield and you'll get a fit test as well as the necessary mounting adapter. most cars require some sort of baffle or adapter.

krisfnbz
08-15-2010, 04:37 PM
most speakers will not directly just fit in, some type of basic modification will be needed most likely.

GrandPrixDriver
08-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Alright, I checked and those Pioneer speakers were on Crutchfield that would fit in my car. One question on that though and this could sound stupid. It says selected location: Rear Deck. Does that mean they only fit in the back seat or what?

VWBobby
08-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Rear deck is the area right under the back window that looks like a shelf behind the seats.

GrandPrixDriver
08-16-2010, 12:05 PM
So your saying the back seat speakers. I can't just put these in the front seat because that is where my speakers are blown out?

Stalin-ohaulic
08-16-2010, 12:09 PM
So your saying the back seat speakers. I can't just put these in the front seat because that is where my speakers are blown out?

You can but they only fit in their current state in the back deck. You will have to make a baffle to mount them in your doors. Look into "4x6 plate speakers". That should solve your dilemma.

GrandPrixDriver
08-16-2010, 02:37 PM
You can but they only fit in their current state in the back deck. You will have to make a baffle to mount them in your doors. Look into "4x6 plate speakers". That should solve your dilemma.

Alright, so would these work?

Pioneer TS-G4643R (tsg4643r) - 4" x 6" Speakers - Sonic Electronix (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_20019_Pioneer+TS-G4643R.html)

It says they are 4X6, so I wouldn't see any problem with it?

VWBobby
08-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Those should work but you still might need to make a baffle to make them fit your door panel. Its not a big deal, cut a piece of MDF or particle board to the right size and try to make it so your grills mount flush. Most aftermarket speakers sound better with a baffle or an enclosure to seal out the free air behind them.

GrandPrixDriver
08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Those should work but you still might need to make a baffle to make them fit your door panel. Its not a big deal, cut a piece of MDF or particle board to the right size and try to make it so your grills mount flush. Most aftermarket speakers sound better with a baffle or an enclosure to seal out the free air behind them.

Alright, I will try that thanks.

Stalin-ohaulic
08-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Alright, I will try that thanks.

Those are not plate speakers. If you would like to take my advice, the plate speaker already has the baffle built into it. It should help out quite a bit.

GrandPrixDriver
08-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Those are not plate speakers. If you would like to take my advice, the plate speaker already has the baffle built into it. It should help out quite a bit.

Yeah but can't you just use the plate that is in my car already?

keep_hope_alive
08-19-2010, 02:53 PM
no, the "plate" is built onto the speaker for moutning in the OEM holes. I agree, a true 4x6 plate speaker would be nice up front, as long as you have larger drivers in the rear or kicks to give you midbass. the 4x6 plate has a 4" mid and 1" (or smaller) tweeter. Like this:
http://images.sonicelectronix.com/images/24797/main/4629cfp.jpg

The plate is universal for most 4x6 mounting points, and gives you the benefits of a component set in the space of a 4x6. I second this recommendation.