PDA

View Full Version : Want new speakers for my car.

theantiphish
01-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and new to the car audio world. I've got a 2003 Mazda6 and I'm wanting to get some new speakers for it. The stock ones just aren't cutting it anymore. I don't really want anything loud, I'm just looking for some good quality speakers. I'm gonna be running them off of the stock head unit since there's no face plate out for an aftermarket head unit, so I'm pretty sure I'll need to get an amp for them.
Any advice you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

missionpilot
01-19-2004, 07:29 PM
whats your price range?

theantiphish
01-19-2004, 08:08 PM
About $300-350.

wags
01-20-2004, 03:43 AM
About $300-350.

Well I personally recommend CDT. I was able to replace all the interior speakers in my car for an easy 200$ and it sounds way better than what I paid. Being that most of the stuff is on sale at thezeb I have 400$ worth of sound.

First thing u need to do is find out what size speakers you have to work with which u can find out at crutchfield.com Once you do that, you'll know what to buy. Personally, I got the CDT-Cl61A's off thezeb and the Cl-6x's for rear fill and it sounds amazing for 200$. People would easily pay twice as much for the same sound.

EzekialPhoenix
01-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Honestly, your sound isn't going to improve significantly if you run speakers off of your factory head unit. I am not sure I quite understand why you can't get an aftermarket radio.

outbacksport
01-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Does your Head Unit have an rca outputs for an aftermarket amp? If you don't have one you might need a LOC converter (speaker to rca)....here's a place to get it

http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm

But it's best to get an aftermarket HU if your planning to have an external amp.

There are a lot of good quality speakers out there. Infinity, CDT, Focal, Boston Acoustic, Diamond Audio, Image Dynamics, Crystal, Rainbow, DLS, MB Quart, JL Audio, etc....

It would be wise to go and audition different sets at a shop the carries nice brands. Bring your favorite CD and try each one of them. Is your $300 budget for the front speakers only or speaker/amp combo?

I'm assuming that you didnt get the Bose upgrade on your mazda6 right.

If you have the sedan, the front & rear door will take 5 1/4" and rear deck 6" x 8". This is according to crutchfield website, check it out.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zo4hrCb5O0G/cgi-bin/autoinfo/autoinfo.asp?s=0&id=&vehicleid=15802&cc=01&vb=&lp=

Redford
01-21-2004, 11:08 PM
I think what he's saying is that they didn't make the install kit for it yet.