PDA

View Full Version : quick sub box sealant question

Acidburn
01-19-2004, 02:55 AM
ok, i made my box but there are a couple small air leaks in it, what would be a good easy to apply product to seal em up? some type of spray in liner?

mayday0017
01-19-2004, 02:58 AM
Clear sylicone ( can't spell tonight) calk. 99c a tube go around all the corners get it sealed really good then throw some adheasive weather stripping around the hole of the box so when you screw your sub down it's air tight too...

Acidburn
01-19-2004, 02:09 PM
yes but some of the corners are really hard to get to so wouldnt some sort of spray in liner work better?

scottrc5391
01-19-2004, 02:23 PM
What I do to make sure my boxes are sealed is 1.)use wood glue on all joints when I screw the wood together (sometimes I also use construction adhesive) 2.)yes, use clear silicone caulk all over ever corner and crevice 3.)when I screw the sub down I use some sort of adhesive weatherstripping like mayday said. 4.)to be sure, I also spray some type of sealer onto every surface (sorry forgot name) and this will make sure there are no pores in wood for air to leak through

Acidburn
01-19-2004, 02:28 PM
thanks for the help, does anyone know the name of a spray in sealer that will do the trick?