PDA

View Full Version : Can i add a M3 speaker with 2way Hex set?

Omarvelous
01-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Was wondering if i could mix the S600a/s (what's the difference between S600a or S600s?) with a 3 1/4" M331I even if they are both from Diamond Audio?

OR

Can i mix like say a speaker from JL Audio with a set from Diamond Audio?

Shugarra
01-19-2004, 02:53 AM
I'm sure you can, it might sound a little odd, but then again it might sound good. You'll need a different x-over, diamond does have a 3 way x-over, or I suppose you could have the 3 1/4" plugged in to either the tweeter or midbass spot on your current x-over but that might sound kind of weird too. I guess you'd just have to try it. Good luck!

Mike

slick316
01-19-2004, 04:49 PM
you can connect a speaker to the RAF (rear fill) on the HEX x-over, but thats about it. if you're adding the M3's to your front stage, they might clash a little with the HEX's, both speaker sets have different sounds (they SLIGHTLY sound different). it might sound okay if you mix the HEX S600a with the M3's, because the S600a has an aluminum tweeter (thats what the "a" means) and so does the M3's. S600s has a silk tweeter.
so are you adding the M3's for front stage, or rear fill, i dont really understand what you are doing.

Omarvelous
01-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Well i have a 325ci 2001. It has a 5.25" in lower part of the door, a 3.5" or 4" and a 1" tweeter on the upper part of the door.

Was looking at different component set i could use to replace these stock speakers. Was looking into Diamond Audio as a viable replacement.

Also , there is a 6.5 and 1 in the back, also thinking about replacing those, not sure if i would need them, especially wince i plan on getting a 15" xxx ported.

slick316
01-20-2004, 12:17 AM
if it were me, i'd get a 4" HEX component set, and a 6.5 HEX midbass addon. i'd put the midbass in your door where the 5.25" is (there might be some modification needed, but i would say its worth it), and then add the component set where the 4" is and the 1" tweet is, and there you go, a great front stage. for the rears if you want them, get a cheaper set of speakers, like the M3's, or like me, dont put anything. as long as you put enough power on your front stage, you should have plenty of sound in your car, its not a large car, it should be plenty (unless you really like it loud.
i really recommend those HEX for the fronts, put 200watts on them, and that should match your XXX ported, cause ****, i bet that thing will get LOUD!!

Omarvelous
01-20-2004, 09:33 PM
You know something....

That sounds REAL ****.... I think that's what i'm going to do.

Was also considering the XXX component set.... can't wait to get the specs and pics.

Omarvelous
01-21-2004, 04:08 AM
Just found out that 3.5 or 4" speaker was really a 2.5". I doubt i will find a replacement....SO think i'm jus going to go for a 5.25 and 1 in tweet for front stage, and a 6.5 and 1 in the back.

Only reason i s for the 5.1 when watching tv.