PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Carpet

PopcornPlaya
01-18-2004, 07:52 PM
i was wondering what you all use to cut carpet for boxes. I have been using an x-acto knife for three years now, and after today, I am looking for an alternative. Here's what happened:
I was carpeting my new amp enclosure. Not a big deal. So i get to cutting the carpet in the opening for the window. Again, not a big deal. I was cutting away from me, and my body parts, and was using a brand new blade (always use a new blade cuts like butter). Anyway, somehow, i managed to slice into my finger. So I go and get stitches in it, was almost all the way down to the bone. I now have 7 total stitches in my left index finger, and its wrapped with gauze and tape as well. it bled something nasty. there's blood all over my workbench, sink, clothes i had on, everywhere. I almost passed out on the way to the hospital, luckily my mom was driving me. anyway, i was wondering what some of you use when cutting box carpet. also, i am pissed cause i missed all but the last 1:30 of the colts-pats game.

nosaj070
01-18-2004, 08:16 PM
carpet knife, i have this exact one.
http://www.cubando.com/universal/Categories/Hand_Tools/Knives/Carpet_Knives/P-0000000a0000436b6e61616332365769/Stanley_10-525_6-1_2_Retractable_Carpet_Knife/

Trixter
01-19-2004, 08:46 PM
I use a pair of scissors for the most part and a razor up close.