PDA

View Full Version : A few Qs regarding box carpeting

Moe Lester
01-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Hey guys, im gonna carpet my box today since i got my car and i know what color to get now :) What is the best method of attachment, should i use some small nails, glue, or a combonation of both? How would you guys recommend i make the edges all look good, fold the carpet slightly under on each side or what? Thanks.

mayday0017
01-18-2004, 01:42 PM
The way we normally do it is stretch and glue. You can use 3m Super 77 spray adheasive that is something you should be able to get ahold of. start on the sub side laying it in the middle of your carpet. then stretch your carpet around the box. You won't have any seams. Then cut it on the back side and staple it there that way it can't be seen and it doesn't have to loo pretty. Other alternative is use a router and make groves where your seams will end and tuck them.

PopcornPlaya
01-18-2004, 02:11 PM
spray adhesive, 3m 77 or 90, or contact cement if thats not available. don't nail or screw it, most everyone will agree that people like carpeted boxes seamless, with nails or carpet, you'd be able to easily find the seams, plus you'd have to put one every couple of inch or two along the seam to get it where the seam doesn't roll up.

Moe Lester
01-18-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys, ive got a pretty good idea of what ill be doin now :)