PDA

View Full Version : 5.25 comps

Wingsfreak9
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm gettin to used to my re 5.25 coax's and they just arent loud enough for me anymore...im looking for a set of reasonably priced comp's that are not only loud but have very high sq as well. Would love nothing more than to have focal utopia comps but at 17 workin 25 hours a week for just over minimum wage...that just aint gonna happen lol so lets hear what you guys have to say

misfit138
07-22-2010, 02:28 PM
I've been using the RF T152S for over a year and they're pretty nice. Yesterday I got a pair of PPI 355cs' and they're pretty nice too.

Find either of those sets used for $100 or so and you'll be happy...

Wingsfreak9
07-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Ive heard the rockford t1's on a rockford 400.4 and i was surprised at how loud they were but was not completly impressed with the quality...im gonna blame user tuning though but **** were those loud. I have been considering these for the last few months im just waiting until im really sure of what i want. im mostly intrested in focal rockford and image dynamics comps but 5.25's are a little bit harder to come by then 6.5s

misfit138
07-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Ive heard the rockford t1's on a rockford 400.4 and i was surprised at how loud they were but was not completly impressed with the quality...im gonna blame user tuning though but **** were those loud. I have been considering these for the last few months im just waiting until im really sure of what i want. im mostly intrested in focal rockford and image dynamics comps but 5.25's are a little bit harder to come by then 6.5s

The T152S' sound fine in my vehicle. They sound fine in my friend's Linclon too. But of course we both have out doors deadened & sealed to a ridiculous extent. We both have plenty of power on tap as well.

Wingsfreak9
07-22-2010, 02:50 PM
yeahh that will do it...i dont plan on keeping my car too long though (its not fast enough...not even close) so im not gonna put out a whole bunch of money on deadening and stuff but for right now the rockford comps are at the top of the list