PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on High end speakers...

blaze452
07-08-2010, 12:09 AM
I have a ARC 4200 SE and I also just purchased the JBL MS-8. Now I just need some awesome speakers to hook up to these! I'm going to be running 3 way active. suggestions pleaseee?

Side Show
07-08-2010, 12:13 AM
dyns, rainbow, hertz

keep_hope_alive
07-09-2010, 11:37 PM
you got a $1000+ budget?

Hybrid Audio has an awesome set of Legatia speakers for an amazing 3-way.
Dynaudio is amazing
Focal has nice Utopia 3-ways

blaze452
07-10-2010, 04:08 AM
Possibly if they sound that amazing! haha. Ive heard the Legatia's and Clarus and like the both. Have reallyyy been thinking about purchasing the legatia's but want to see what my other options are. Also HAT is coming out with new Special Edition L6's and L4's I might just wait and get those haha(:

Never heard dynaudio yet, want to just dont know anyone who sells or owns them here in az haha.

Focals are nice, only have heard K2ps tho.

Thanks for the good suggestions! imma keep them in mind(:

Hoodlum007
07-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Focal, Morel, Rainbow, Dyn, Hertz, CDT.

keep_hope_alive
07-10-2010, 06:47 PM
When spending that much money, buy something you can audition first, preferably on two different days. buy whatever you find and like. there are plenty of speaker choices that sound good - you really don't go wrong choosing one versus another. If you like HAT, go with it. If you like something else more - go with that.

Keep your installation in mind - including how off-axis each speaker is, and their locations.

blaze452
07-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Alright. Yah I'll look around and see what I can find locally. So far a lot of people have suggested hybrid, morel, focal, dyn, and rainbow so Ill check those out. I heard the hertz speakers auditioned the same day I heard the hybrid's and the hybrids had more detail...

blaze452
07-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Also, anybody like scan or peerless speakers? Ive only heard a little bit about these, and people seem to like them.

DarkScorpion
07-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Dude, you have a processor. Why not go active and piece together individual components?

Also, anybody like scan or peerless speakers? Ive only heard a little bit about these, and people seem to like them.

They make some of the best speakers out there (that's realistic, at least). Scan-speak Revelators and Illuminators = :drool: