PDA

View Full Version : 2 shows comming up in colorado

sub-FATHER
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
there will be the show down in colorado springs on FRIDAY NIGHT, july 16th
at the Drive-In-Autosound

show starts at 6pm

not sure on entry fee, But heard its a great turn out

Sunday July 18th, at the RED N JERRYS in Englewood (santa fe and oxford)
the 5150 show will also be a huge Car show with stereo boom off (True spl) and (Basscontrol)

True spl = is loudest spot in the vehicle in front of the b pillers.

Basscontrol = 3 classes 129.9 139.9 149.9

there will be two seperate events for the Stereo part of the show. R.I.P. will be running that aspect of the show.

entry will be 25 or 30$ and that will cover both events.

dextermoped
07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
sweet, is there only going to be one class for true SPL?

d-REW
07-07-2010, 01:29 AM
also import face off in pueblo usaci show 2x

sub-FATHER
07-07-2010, 02:42 AM
well you can go down to the usaci event which gives you a foot tall trophy, and charge you 40$ for each event, and then make you drive 220 miles.

OR

you can come to the 5150 show in your own back yard and compete in 2 seperate events for $30 dollars. and win a huge bad *** trophy and have some real competition... there will be three classes for spl
single sub - 2 12s
2 15s up to 3 12s
3 15s and up

And there will be Basscontrol three classes, and all matches are 2 out of 3

but you saw how good the last 2 day usaci show went. woo hooo.... big trophys (1in tall) and hig amaroooo.

d-REW
07-07-2010, 03:14 AM
or you can get points needed to make world finals and a chance to become a world champ!

dextermoped
07-07-2010, 08:59 AM
I think I screwed myself for USACI with Box being over window line, too many things modded etc. I'd probably end up in James' Wall class or something with my luck. Too many rules for me right now, maybe next year for USACI.

Hey James i'm probably gonna need another batt for this show, you still got them?

sub-FATHER
07-07-2010, 10:39 PM
i got em...

and you'll have your chance to become a world champ drew when the new SPL League starts next year. except this one wont be a racket! if you want recognition for your system and ability to build you will have your chance. there will be no more of these one note wonders. its time for Car Stereos to come back. and its time to find out who has the baddest all around systems in their classes. maybe you can set a world record for Loudest DBs at a specific frequency on a single sub.

dextermoped
07-08-2010, 08:53 AM
What league is this? you got something in the works?

sub-FATHER
07-08-2010, 01:14 PM
yes.... and you will get recognition as you would with all the other sports. name in the record books, etc.... and it will be competitive again to find who has some of the baddest all around systems on the planet. But of course there will be a PSPL (PURE SPL) section for those aiming for the highest possible numbers ( it wont matter how the number is achieved, as long is its done with a subwoofer and amplifer.) there is going to be a TSPL (TRUE SPL) where the mic is placed anywhere in front of the SEATS where you think the system will produce its loudest possible SPL score, and there will be seperate classes for this.there will be a 30sec average on music called BASSCONTROL 129.9 139.9 149.9 159.9 2 out of 3 runs. head to head racing to determine who has the best control of their system. AND i will have a DISTURBING THE PEACE AWARD at every show! For Loudest SPL score outside the vehicle and at the end of the year all winners will compete for the championship.

does this sound like something you would like to compete in?

dextermoped
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
That sounds super cool. Im down. What do you need to get something like this rolling? Im glad there's an car audio scene here.

d-REW
07-08-2010, 05:28 PM
not bad but how are you doing the classes? personally i liked the power wattage classes best it allows people with multiple subs to be in a more competitive class especially if they only have 3000k or less. also you doing a seprate wall class and truck classes as well?

sub-FATHER
07-08-2010, 09:58 PM
PSPL (pureSPL) will be two classes only
1.) Vehicle class
2.) port class

these are designed to find the LOUDEST possible SPL in both.

My favorite is the coveted DISTUBING THE PEACE AWARD!

d-REW
07-09-2010, 01:15 AM
so basically it sounds like port wars? and drive by spl?

sub-FATHER
07-09-2010, 02:34 AM
nope. the vehicle section is for those that have concrete machines built for just a burp

and the Port section is a loudest port period! and doesnt matter how you do it as long as its a subwoofer powered by an amplifier.

and the disturbing the peace award will go to whoever is loudest outside the vehicle at every show. and the mic will be placed on a swivel unit allowing rotation, (more on that later)

d-REW
07-09-2010, 02:53 AM
who has a concrete vehicle around here?

sub-FATHER
07-09-2010, 10:32 PM
this isnt just about colorado drew. i'm going outside the box and hoping serious competitors will hop on board~

d-REW
07-10-2010, 12:49 AM
i think you should build the rules for the scene here first then if it catches on add classes like this honestly how many people for out of state have shown up before? i know of a ton of setups that are smaller builds that wont come to a show cause they dont wanna waste their money or time on classes that arent close. the power class almost worked but failed when you allowed people with 1k+ more watts into it a lower class cause you decided at the last minute you wanted to do 4ohm rating instead of rms.

dextermoped
07-10-2010, 01:36 AM
I like the idea of an amateur class and competitor class with power rating @ 1 ohm being the separating factor kinda like TNESPL rules.

" Amateur 1 1-280 sq"
Power Limited to 1000 watts
Amateur 2 1-280 sq"
Power Limits 1001 to 2000 Watts
Stock 1 (1-180 sq")
Power Limited to 10,000 watts"
Stock 2 (181-280 sq")
Power Limited to 10,000 watts
Super Stock 1 (1-510 sq")
Stock 3 (281+ sq")
Power Limited to 10,000 watts"

Why reinvent the wheel?

I have some friends that would show up to shows but they **** out because they're only running 650W RMS and since they know they're not louder than me and i'm not winning 1st, why would they bother going? Having an amateur class would get more people out. I think the shows James has been throwing have been some of the better ones i've seen.I have a great time and a lot of fun and think other people should get in on it. Its just when building a pyramid you have to start from the bottom to reach the top.

Here's a question back to the original point of the thread, How big is the sunday show going to be? I saw a youtube video and it looked pretty big. Also do I really have to drag my *** out of bed to get there at 8 in the morning?

sub-FATHER
07-10-2010, 01:47 AM
i think you should build the rules for the scene here first then if it catches on add classes like this honestly how many people for out of state have shown up before? i know of a ton of setups that are smaller builds that wont come to a show cause they dont wanna waste their money or time on classes that arent close. the power class almost worked but failed when you allowed people with 1k+ more watts into it a lower class cause you decided at the last minute you wanted to do 4ohm rating instead of rms.

you must build it first...i agree. and i have been puttin work in. when i start to add cash prizes and our states competition scene gets bigger. A whole new style of competition will bring new competitiors. take a look drew! you dont even have a license and your still at my shows! lol...

d-REW
07-10-2010, 02:21 AM
yeah see benny sees what im sayin! as for sundays show its pretty big they do mma demo stunt bike demo wing contest bikini contest hop contest etc.. last yr james f ran the show and he started at like 12 or so was kinda late but i showed up around 10 am and lot was full they gave us this tiny *** little space in the corner away from everything im not too sure how james p doin is doing it or if he knows where in the lot it will be but they close the lot off when car shows starts so better to be early. its not the biggest lot either.

oh and james shhh im finally eligible to get it back since may lol