PDA

View Full Version : plexiglass...

rocktonic13
01-15-2004, 07:58 PM
what do i use to cut plexiglass? also, what would be good, clear, glue and sealent to use? this si probally going to be for a side window type deal... also, what would i use to cut a miror?

PopcornPlaya
01-15-2004, 11:44 PM
you can buy precut windows, im assuming you mean windows on your car, from FAL (flex a lite). www.flex-a-lite.com

ramos
01-16-2004, 09:21 AM
They sell bits for different kinds of saws that are specifically for cutting plastics. Dpepnds on the kind of mirror. If it's plastic you can use the same bit. If it's glass, a glass cutter. As for glue or sealant. IF it's going to join two pieces of plexi use plexi glue. It dries crystal clear. If you mean sealing a window to the box. THen you can either run a bead of silicon around the edge of the opening. Allow it to dry comletely before putting the window in. And make a silicon gasket. Or use some rubber weatherstripping around the window edge. :)

rocktonic13
01-16-2004, 11:29 PM
ramos, what do you mean by makeing a silicon gasket? could you possiblely go into more detail...

ramos
01-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Yeha man it's pretty simple. Run a bead of silicon around the opening where your going to put your plexi window. Let the silicon dry completely. That way when you put the window in. You effectivly have a silicon gasket I.E. the dried silicon bead. :)