PDA

View Full Version : My last head unit purchase was from 2004. What will compare to...

TheMan90241
07-04-2010, 03:56 PM
The last system I put in my car was in my 2004 Dodge Ram. I selected a Pioneer DEH 8600MP because it had absolutely everything I wanted in a non-video system. It had beautiful sound quality, power, 11 band EQ, sub woofer RCA outputs, and more crossover/sound configuration ability than anything else I could find on the market at the time. I am looking for those same qualities today with two additions... Now I need Bluetooth and iPod compatibility. Since I listen to my iPod almost 3-1 more than FM stereo, there is a big emphasis on iPod controls.

So my question is, what is currently on the market that fits my needs stated above. I am looking around on Crutchfield.com and I am not really impressed with what I see so far. Any suggestions?

gentlejax
07-10-2010, 09:24 AM
nothing really. the 880/800 are virtually the same just cosmetic and the decks out now that have what you have arent any better so its really a matter of what is the reason you want to switch? if its usb and bluetooth then there are options ....but generally the decks are going downhill compared to what they used to be in 2004......In 2004 Alpine still made good decks and so did Eclipse .....now they are ok but quality has dropped

your 2004 deck is still running....a 2010 Pioneer may not be running in a couple years ...

whitedragon551
07-10-2010, 09:34 AM
According to Pioneer you can get the iPod module for that HU. That leaves out blue tooth.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/CD-Players/DEH-P8600MP?tab=C