PDA

View Full Version : adding aeroport to back

doctorcheeze200
06-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Well, in my mercury mystique, the back seat doesnt fold down at all, and i was thinking about adding an aeroport on the back deck thing (see pictures for farther explaination).
The cardboard/tan looking thing is the underside view of where i was planning on installing the aeroport, becasue that leads directly into the cabin, and the brown thing is the underside of the rear deck thing. I guess my main concern is if i added an aeroport such as this (the middle smaller one), would it help the bass from my subs reach the cabin and help with clrity and spl?
Clear Aeroports, Not Exactly for the Masses [audiojunkies] (http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/657/clear-aeroports-not-exactly-for-the-masses)

pics
Flickr: blackdahlia6505's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/51689837@N08/)

DarkScorpion
06-30-2010, 08:55 PM
There's no point, just cut a hole. Aeroports are used for the actual subwoofer box.

doctorcheeze200
07-01-2010, 01:47 AM
would cutting that hole help with bass enough for me to even worry about it?

Stryker
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
face the subs towards the back seat... say around 10 inches from the back of the seat, and completely seal off the front of the box from the trunk area. expandaing foam if the mess is not a problem or wood. I'm have a setup like this in my 96 tbird and it gets fairly loud. i mean cutting a hole is fairly drastic and permanently scars the car, plus you are gonna gain very little in actual volume or SPL.
Is your current box ported? More info please. this is a pic of my setup with my old subs and it wailed with 4.2 cubes tuned at 34 Hz

doctorcheeze200
07-02-2010, 02:18 PM
yeah i currently have the kicker prefab box that i bought as a deal with the cvrs (i will build a box once i get sufficient funds), but the prefab sounds really good for now so. it still gets loud and all, i was wondering how much that would help or even if it would. my box is ported

hatedonmostly
07-02-2010, 02:23 PM
The issue the OP has is that the rear seats do not fold down, and the rear speakers are in the rear doors, rather than the rear deck, so the sound in the trunk does not come into the cabin, because the truck is sealed off. I know this, because a buddy of mine has a Ford Contour...

In his car we were planning on cutting holes in the rear deck, then buying some speaker grilles to cover the holes up. That's my recommendation.

Stryker
07-03-2010, 08:01 PM
The issue the OP has is that the rear seats do not fold down, and the rear speakers are in the rear doors, rather than the rear deck, so the sound in the trunk does not come into the cabin, because the truck is sealed off. I know this, because a buddy of mine has a Ford Contour...

In his car we were planning on cutting holes in the rear deck, then buying some speaker grilles to cover the holes up. That's my recommendation.
Me too no fold down seat, no speakers onthe deck, still very loud.....