PDA

View Full Version : Looking to change front stage

amedeuce
06-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Looking for suggestions for new front stage. 2002 Ford F-150 supercrew, no rear fill.
Currently running CDA-9887 active with some Seas 6.5's and LPG tweeters off of a kicker 850.4. I like the tweeters, but the Seas are lacking. Inner and outer door panel has layers of sound deadener, MDF baffle, acoustic foam, etc...

Subs - 2 10" memphis flat line subs off of a kicker zx1000

Not opposed to going back to a passive setup and using the other channels for rear fill, I know, I know, but it is a large cabin vehicle and well I've never had rear speakers in there except stock some years ago.

I just installed a comp set of alpines in the wifeys ford 500 and they sound pretty good except I don't dig the tweeter in that set, but the mid is good. Also put rear fill in her car a set of Memphis coax off of a kicker 750.5. Still building the ported box for the re se12 going in there, man is she gonna be pissed when she comes home from her summer trip. Oh well, this is what has sparked the audio bug in me again. Sittin here with cut up hands and glue on my fingers and the wifes car interior is stripped out and my garage is a disaster.