PDA

View Full Version : Is my cut sheet right?

SQ Monte
06-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Box specs:

36w x 16h x 20.75d
4" L-port (32" long)
3.49 cubes tuned to 34Hz
3/4" 5 ply Birch

I'm going to be using birch and don't want to see the edges of the wood on the face of the box so I want the baffle to hide the edges of the sides, top/bottom. I figured the easiest way to get this done is to build the box off the bottom piece so this is what I came up with:

Top/Bottom....19.25h x 36w

Sides.............14.5h x 18.5w

Back..............36w x 14.5h

Baffles (2)......36w x 16h

Port...............14.5h x 14.5w
.....................14.5h x 15.25w

Let me know if you see any mistakes

SQ Monte
06-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Wow, 71 of you viewed this thread and not one of you knows if this is right?:uhoh:

goingdef
06-28-2010, 10:41 PM
even a sh*tty sketch would help a lot, I,m guessing on the top piece you plan on running into the back of the baffle and running the back under the top? 19.25+.75 would be your 20" depth. This is why no one has posted it's a freakin riddle without a sketch. But if I'm right I can use what I now know about the enclosure and do the math on the rest.

SQ Monte
06-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Ok, I'll try my best to come up with a sketch, only thing I can promise is that it will be ******! :)

Yes, I plan on running all the sides of the box into the back of the baffle that way it's a clean look, no edges showing.

Oh boy, time for the sketch......it's not gonna be pretty:uhoh:

SQ Monte
06-29-2010, 12:24 AM
I did the best I could, hope this helps you guys see what i'm trying to do a little more clearly now

http://i47.tinypic.com/2hpq49c.jpg

KyleBechtold
06-29-2010, 12:26 AM
or... you can cut 45s at all the connecting pieces? just have to make sure to do em on the right side or you will be doing it over ALOT

SQ Monte
06-29-2010, 12:38 AM
or... you can cut 45s at all the connecting pieces? just have to make sure to do em on the right side or you will be doing it over ALOTHaha, i'm having trouble figuring out if I even have the right measurements to put this thing together, trying to do 45's at all the joints is waaaaaaaaay above and beyond what my woodworking skills would allow me to do. But thanks for the suggestion ;)

goingdef
06-29-2010, 12:54 AM
OK I just looked it over and did the math on each piece and the only thing I see is the front baffle's do not have the port opening subracted how do you plan on allowing for that and still keeping a solid front panel?

KyleBechtold
06-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Haha, i'm having trouble figuring out if I even have the right measurements to put this thing together, trying to do 45's at all the joints is waaaaaaaaay above and beyond what my woodworking skills would allow me to do. But thanks for the suggestion ;)

wood working skills? do you not own a circular saw? does it not have and angler on it? besides the cheapest of cheapest I have never seen a modern one that doesn't you still cut where you would originally but the will connect into a corner instead of lapping

SQ Monte
06-29-2010, 01:16 AM
OK I just looked it over and did the math on each piece and the only thing I see is the front baffle's do not have the port opening subracted how do you plan on allowing for that and still keeping a solid front panel?What do you mean? I don't understand what you mean by "the baffles don't have the port opening subracted". All i'm going to have to do to get the port opening on the solid baffle is measure 3/4" up from the bottom, 3/4" down from the top, 3/4" over from the side and 4" over from that and cut out that opening on both the baffles. The end result should be a 36x20 board with a big rectangle cut out of it on one side.............and the two sub cut outs beside it.

SQ Monte
06-29-2010, 01:17 AM
wood working skills? do you not own a circular saw? does it not have and angler on it? besides the cheapest of cheapest I have never seen a modern one that doesn't you still cut where you would originally but the will connect into a corner instead of lappingNot going that route, but thanks for the suggestion.

SQ Monte
06-29-2010, 11:10 AM
bumpin'

iamamp3pimp
06-29-2010, 03:45 PM
i messed with it and if on top and bottom you meant D instead of H youre good

-Robin

SQ Monte
06-29-2010, 10:20 PM
i messed with it and if on top and bottom you meant D instead of H youre good

-RobinSweet! Thanks for taking your time on that for me, this is only the second box I've ever designed and the first that I've decided to assemble this way so I just wanted to get another set of eyeballs on it to make sure it's right before I go cutting the wood.