PDA

View Full Version : Bracing..

xKronicx
06-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Hey, I just got finish building a box for my 12in kicker. I used 3/4 MDF and i used some liquid nail and some other glue to seal everything together. But i did not brace my box, I am wondering is bracing really important and should be done? The box seems pretty sturdy. I am wondering is it really important to brace the box?

hatedonmostly
06-26-2010, 12:40 AM
depends on the sub, power being used, and size of the panels. if the wood panels are huge, they will have the tendency to flex more from the pressure inside of the box.

goingdef
06-26-2010, 12:43 AM
the importance of bracing varies with the largest panel size of the enclosure if it's a small box with low power your fine if it's large/high powered then it needs to be braced or it will suffer from enclosure flex

goingdef
06-26-2010, 12:43 AM
depends on the sub, power being used, and size of the panels. if the wood panels are huge, they will have the tendency to flex more from the pressure inside of the box.

beat me to it

xKronicx
06-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Well i am using a 12in Kicker Comp. And i build the box out of 3/4 MDF wood witch is thick. I think it will be fine without bracing it because i am only pushing 1 sub in the box.. I just don't wont to do it if it going to be just a waste.

xKronicx
06-26-2010, 12:46 AM
Is there anyway i can see if it needs to be bracing when i am playing music?

hatedonmostly
06-26-2010, 01:00 AM
you'll be fine bro.

xKronicx
06-26-2010, 01:05 AM
you'll be fine bro.

Alright, I think it will
I tested out the box right after i finish it. Well i let it sit for like 20mins. But i did not bump it hard, and it could tell a big differences. Tomorrow i can bump it harder because all the glue and everything will be dried