PDA

View Full Version : Any down side to side firing?

chillin
06-23-2010, 09:24 PM
I have split folding rear seats and need to keep one side accessible for skis. It would be easier to make a box that has sub/port firing to the side as opposed to front or back. I have read many threads that say back facing is better than front, but have not seen much about side.

I am not competing, just curious what the difference will be. It will be one 15" sub.

mazdakid
06-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Could be louder side firing, id try it out.

chillin
06-24-2010, 04:17 AM
well, because of the dimensions of the trunk and 60/40 rear seats that i am trying to leave accessible, I wont be able to try it out. I have to remeasure to be sure, but im pretty sure it will have to be sub back/port side, or sub side/port side. My car is parked down the block so no measuring tonight. Just curious if there is a noticeable difference to the ear?

bassman3
06-24-2010, 05:01 AM
I have split folding rear seats and need to keep one side accessible for skis. It would be easier to make a box that has sub/port firing to the side as opposed to front or back. I have read many threads that say back facing is better than front, but have not seen much about side.

I am not competing, just curious what the difference will be. It will be one 15" sub.

It depends entirely on the vehicle. It's best to test it out and try facing the subs and port different directions to achieve a desirable sound. In your case, it would sound just fine having it side firing. What ever works for you since you are wanting room etc.

chillin
06-24-2010, 05:25 AM
cool thanks bassman

bassman3
06-24-2010, 05:28 AM
No problem man.