PDA

View Full Version : Bassrace Question

cmobley
06-23-2010, 03:19 PM
I want to try and bassrace my car now that Im almost done with my new system. Everything is done except for the glassing the amp rack. I looked at the website and it looks like I would be in Street B with what i have right now. I am running a Kinetik 2400 and 1800. I have a two part question:

1. When it says (1) battery does that mean (1) extra or (1) total, meaning you can't have anymore then just the stock location?

2. If I can only have (1) total battery, can I just pull the fuse for the 1800 to do the competition?

Sorry if these sound stupid, but just want to make sure, and I have never went to comp before.

roarzorz
06-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Street B is a dB Drag class. It's totally different from Bass Race. Bass Race is all about controlling the volume of your system to dial in a desired score (129.9, 139.9, 149.9, 159.9) over a 30sec average. dB Drag is all about burping the loudest score in you class.

When they say one battery that means one total. It's up to the local judge if they'll allow you to simply disconnect the extra battery.

groundpound4200
06-23-2010, 03:40 PM
i think hes trying to do both classes

dominic mrzena
06-23-2010, 04:22 PM
i am your local dbdrag/bassrace promoter/judge now bacerace your allowed as many batteries as you like. and dbdrag you are allowed 2 batteries in streetC.

cmobley
06-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah I might have said it wrong, but I'm probably going to compete in dbdrag not bassrace. Thanks for the help guys.

skmfkr
06-23-2010, 07:04 PM
with the 2 total batts you could do street c or ss nw. ss nw is unl batteries im pretty sure back when i had a similar setup as you aq 2200d and hdc15 and 2 batt i would do either one of those 2 classes

cmobley
06-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Just so I'm clear, you guys are saying I cant do the Street B? This is from DB Drag. Not questioning anyone, just trying to get in the lowest class so i have a chance to win something.

Street B Class - A maximum of 1 subwoofer amplifiers (or 2 externally bridged monoblock amplifiers) may be used. A maximum TOTAL of 2 electrical conductors may be used to connect the amplifier(s) to the woofer(s).

◦One 15-inch woofer
◦OR a maximum of two 12-inch woofers
◦OR a maximum of three 10-inch woofers
◦OR a maximum of four 8-inch woofers

roarzorz
06-23-2010, 10:57 PM
If you only use one battery total and your entire setup is all below the window line then yes you can compete in Street B.

cmobley
06-23-2010, 11:03 PM
If you only use one battery total and your entire setup is all below the window line then yes you can compete in Street B.

I have no problem pulling the fuse for the 1800 if allowed. The setup is below the window line, even though I feel guilty because the Magnums have very high rear window lines.

gqqse13
06-24-2010, 11:55 AM
yea street c i beleive lowest you would be able to get in for dbdrag cuz i was in it the other day and it was either street c w/ the car off or some huge class in like a modified class or something like that; and thanks to a ****** remote and forgetting to turn bass knob up i hit a whopping 136 at volume 10 of 40 w/ bass knob only half up lol

roarzorz
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
The setup is below the window line, even though I feel guilty because the Magnums have very high rear window lines.

You have to go by the front window line also. Not just the windows in the back. It's the lowest point of the entire vehicle.

cmobley
07-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Well I competed today and had to do either Street C w/ car off or no wall. I did the Street C and got 3rd place and a 143.3. Not bad considering i was the only single sub setup that was at the comp. What is holding me back from Street B, because if its the battery Ill pull it out next time. I would have gotten first in street b.