PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Canadian Enclosure Builders!

iHertz
06-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Preferably Ontario. I am located in Toronto. Looking for an experienced builder to design a custom box for my sub(s).

I realize there are several talented American builders here, I am hoping to have at least 1 Canadian who is able to perform. Thank you ahead of time.

hatedonmostly
06-23-2010, 01:10 PM
View Profile: THUMPPER - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/members/thumpper.html)

iHertz
06-23-2010, 01:17 PM
View Profile: THUMPPER - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/members/thumpper.html)

Far from impressed so far. People speak highly of him but I emailed him with my inquiry a few days ago and still have not received a response.

That shows me several things about him & his business. I would rather deal with someone who wants my money & has the time to work for it. Often times people will only strive for perfection while building up their name. Once a solid name is obtained, everything falls apart. I have seen this many times to ignore it.

This actually reminds me of a few weeks back when I was shopping for Hertz locally. I played phone tag with 3 shops for over a week. I was straight forward, polite, know what I want & have cash in hand. Yet, still the runaround. What's to be said about these types of business's/owners? Not a penny from me.
Anyone else?!

Stryker
06-23-2010, 02:30 PM
I too received no reply from thummper, moved on to someone who actually wants my business, plus thummper builds the box and then ships it to you which is alot of $$$$. does not sell plans.
PWK Designs (http://www.PWKdesigns.com)
received response in less than 24 hrs, he does mostly blueprints that any person familar with assembly should be able to do locally, or you can do it yourself.

iHertz
06-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I too received no reply from thummper, moved on to someone who actually wants my business, plus thummper builds the box and then ships it to you which is alot of $$$$. does not sell plans.
PWK Designs (http://www.PWKdesigns.com)
received response in less than 24 hrs, he does mostly blueprints that any person familar with assembly should be able to do locally, or you can do it yourself.

Seems to be a trend there. Thank you kindly for responding. I pay for everything cash, if someone doesn't want my loot I have no issues moving to someone who does. Did you use PWK for your design?

I will be emailing them shortly, thanks again.

Stryker
06-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Seems to be a trend there. Thank you kindly for responding. I pay for everything cash, if someone doesn't want my loot I have no issues moving to someone who does. Did you use PWK for your design?

I will be emailing them shortly, thanks again.
Ya i went with Pete for the simple fact that DD uses him as well and they have confidence in his ability's with there subs, and he has alot of experience designing boxes for the DD 3512e's I've bought. Kinda a no brainer for me. yes it costs50.00 plus upgrades like rush and a graph but jeez it's only 50.00 measely dollars who cares. i just have no time to **** around redoing a subbox. I'm very confident I'll have a great box and be done with it. GL

I Like Waffle
06-23-2010, 02:49 PM
What do you need?

iHertz
06-23-2010, 03:44 PM
What do you need?

Thanks for responding but I couldn't help notice that you are located in North Carolina. Although your question still applies, I am looking for someone to build me a proper enclosure for Hertz SX 300D x2

iHertz
06-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Ya i went with Pete for the simple fact that DD uses him as well and they have confidence in his ability's with there subs, and he has alot of experience designing boxes for the DD 3512e's I've bought. Kinda a no brainer for me. yes it costs50.00 plus upgrades like rush and a graph but jeez it's only 50.00 measely dollars who cares. i just have no time to **** around redoing a subbox. I'm very confident I'll have a great box and be done with it. GL

I appreciate your input, I will be checking them out for sure. $50 is nothing for a plan to a great box.

iHertz
06-23-2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/file/tec/tec_sx300d.gif

SRim23
06-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Far from impressed so far. People speak highly of him but I emailed him with my inquiry a few days ago and still have not received a response.

That shows me several things about him & his business. I would rather deal with someone who wants my money & has the time to work for it. Often times people will only strive for perfection while building up their name. Once a solid name is obtained, everything falls apart. I have seen this many times to ignore it.

This actually reminds me of a few weeks back when I was shopping for Hertz locally. I played phone tag with 3 shops for over a week. I was straight forward, polite, know what I want & have cash in hand. Yet, still the runaround. What's to be said about these types of business's/owners? Not a penny from me.
Anyone else?!

**** dude, lighten up. If I'm understanding his profile he doesn't build enclosures for a living. Not to mention he hasn't been active here or on DIYMA for like 3 months. It's possible that he just doesn't want to build you something. This picture ur painting of him as being a bad business man or whatever is pretty crazy.

iHertz
06-23-2010, 04:17 PM
**** dude, lighten up. If I'm understanding his profile he doesn't build enclosures for a living. Not to mention he hasn't been active here or on DIYMA for like 3 months. It's possible that he just doesn't want to build you something. This picture ur painting of him as being a bad business man or whatever is pretty crazy.

If you want, I can help you locate a good Dr. to remove his ***** from your mouth.

SRim23
06-23-2010, 05:07 PM
If you want, I can help you locate a good Dr. to remove his ***** from your mouth.

Why are you mad? Because I can read and I don't jump to conclusions and get all mad because a guy won't build me a box.

Lighten up buddie.