PDA

View Full Version : A little lost -- need some advice for Sol upgrade.

Alecia_solsonfi
06-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am kind of new to all of this but I really want to upgrade the system in my solstice and I need some suggestions/advice.

I have already ordered these Alpine SPR-17S (http://www.pacificstereo.com/brands/alpine/alpine-car-audio/alpine-car-speakers/alpine-spr-17s.html) to go in the doors and the tweeter spots.

The car has the monsoon system...but I am not sure if I need to upgrade the amp as well to power these correctly. If so I was thinking along the lines of the pdx-f4 or the cerwin vega s440 was recommended to me by the guy @ pacific stereo. I know about alpine and I know this amp will fit the little space that I have but I know absolutely nothing about cerwin vegas. The problem is that, it is a convertible and there are limited...very limited mounting options.

I don't plan on changing the head unit just yet because I am unsure of exactly what I want in a head unit. I plan up upgrading the sub to a shallow mount that will fit the factory box.

Also I would like to know if $200 just for installation of the amp is a reasonable cost, I know it is a 4 channel amp but it just seems high. I appreciate any and all constructive contributions.

Thanks in advance!

goingdef
06-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Ya 200.00 for an amp install is really high look around there has to be cheaper in your area!

Alecia_solsonfi
06-23-2010, 11:33 PM
thanks goingdef

gladiator_jai
06-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Yup it's high, I got my wiring done for $70.

Spider Monkey
06-24-2010, 05:46 PM
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even ...as decided to use even go want to do ook more like. It's just common sense.

tEh ShOcKeR
06-24-2010, 05:48 PM
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even ...as decided to use even go want to do ook more like. It's just common sense.

I was going to post the same thing. You took the words right outta my mouf.

Alecia_solsonfi
06-24-2010, 08:54 PM

Thanks for saying no its not a good price in so few words....

I decided to get the pdx-f4 and a kicker shallow to go with the alpine components.