PDA

View Full Version : 3 way active with Eclipse 8053

EriCCirE
06-22-2010, 05:43 AM
Hey guys,
I am in the process of installing my 3 ways active system in my sedan. Looking at my head unit I have 3 preouts: High, mid, and low. I also have a line out, but I dont think the volume is controlled on that output. Do I need another crossover to split up the low to my midbass and sub setup? or is there something I am missing on my headunit.

Thanks

SofireGuy
06-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Great HU!! I love mine! Very High-tech for it's age. Here is the OM for it:
http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/manuals/manual_pdf/CD8053%281-1441A%29.pdf

You should have 2 pair of each of those pre-outs, being a +/-, low(non-fader)/mid/high. If you use both +/- with Y-adapters, you can achieve a 16v pre-out set-up, since each one is 8v. The Non-fader pre-out can be set as high/med/low in setup on the HU.

Since you'll be using amplifiers for all of your speakers, there's no need for any other crossovers since you can tune your lowbass/midbass through your amps, and use your 10 band EQ up front :veryhapp: !!

And yes that line-out is a fixed volume pre-out. And don't forget about the unmarked longer black cord, that's the AUX plug-in for an MP3 Player!!!

EriCCirE
06-23-2010, 05:22 AM
good to know about the y adapter trick to get the 16v. I am not sure although if my amplifiers can handle a 16v input. I have all PPi gear. 2 ppi pc450's (one bridged to midbass, other handleing midrange and tweets) and a pcx2200 for my substage. My plan is to split the low output with a crossover to handle the midbass and the substage.