PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer problem,

rogstown
06-20-2010, 11:43 AM
I have a pioneer head unit and I am installing it in my boat, although it seems like it is not getting enough power to run it. It will take a cd in--very slowly, then will eject it very slowly, but does not play or do any other functions except show time....Any Ideas of what could be going on or how to get more juice to the cd player?

ahole-ic
06-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I have a pioneer head unit and I am installing it in my boat, although it seems like it is not getting enough power to run it. It will take a cd in--very slowly, then will eject it very slowly, but does not play or do any other functions except show time....Any Ideas of what could be going on or how to get more juice to the cd player?
Hook the red wire up to a toggle switch and 12v. Make sure your red and yellow wires are not very long, and it's a great idea to fuse them. Your black wire needs to be as short as possible. All of these wires need to be as thick as possible.

goingdef
06-20-2010, 02:17 PM
sounds more like he's getting resistance in the wiring from corrosion, test for current with a digital multi meter and make sure your receiving power from the fuse panel or whatever source your using to get from the battery to the front of the boat if your getting good power hook it straight to your car battery to make sure the head unit is working right.

ahole-ic
06-20-2010, 04:07 PM
sounds more like he's getting resistance in the wiring from corrosion, test for current with a digital multi meter and make sure your receiving power from the fuse panel or whatever source your using to get from the battery to the front of the boat if your getting good power hook it straight to your car battery to make sure the head unit is working right.

Great thought. He should definitely check for corrosion.

fasfocus00
06-20-2010, 04:13 PM

OP, you should have done this before posting this thread. not only check voltage at the headunit but at the source as well to see what is the actual difference, if no difference than it's the headunit itself.

rogstown
06-20-2010, 08:47 PM
OP, you should have done this before posting this thread. not only check voltage at the headunit but at the source as well to see what is the actual difference, if no difference than it's the headunit itself.

Thanks for the responses, I did check the voltage and it was the same at the headunit as it was at the battery (+10) which it should be at 12 right?---but 10 should be enough to get it working, so do you think it is a bad headunit then?
Thanks