PDA

View Full Version : Sub box for 79 malibu

monster malibu
06-18-2010, 05:02 AM
I've got a question about a box for my 79 Chevy Malibu and need a little help if you guys don't mind. I'd like to build a sealed sub box for 2 12's that'll sit on the rear axle hump and allow the subs to fire into the trunk toward the rear bumper, so can't I make the box tall enough (13-14") in the front and roughly 12" wide in the rear? I know the box will have a step in it to clear the axle hump but would it sound ok or would it sound like hell?
Could I build the bottom of the box out of fiberglass instead of mdf to follow the trunk floors contour better so it'll sound ok?
I posted this in the general info section before I knew there was a sub box section.
Any help would be awesome.

monster malibu
06-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Anybody?

monster malibu
06-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Someone here must be able to help me.

bassman3
06-21-2010, 04:48 AM
I've got a question about a box for my 79 Chevy Malibu and need a little help if you guys don't mind. I'd like to build a sealed sub box for 2 12's that'll sit on the rear axle hump and allow the subs to fire into the trunk toward the rear bumper, so can't I make the box tall enough (13-14") in the front and roughly 12" wide in the rear? I know the box will have a step in it to clear the axle hump but would it sound ok or would it sound like hell?
Could I build the bottom of the box out of fiberglass instead of mdf to follow the trunk floors contour better so it'll sound ok?
I posted this in the general info section before I knew there was a sub box section.
Any help would be awesome.

Either way, whether you decide to go the fiberglass route, or the "hump" route, it should come out and sound great. As long as it is designed correctly it should be fine.

monster malibu
06-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm going to try my box idea and see how it sounds,if it's not good I'll try another idea I got from a fellow caraudio member.

Thanks for the reply Bassman.

bassman3
06-21-2010, 11:38 PM
No problem.